Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Hotel Le Viking Morzine

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all

I gather this hotel has had a fairly mixed press in recent years. It now seems to have changed hands and been subject to a bit of a refurbishment programme. We have booked a family trip to it for the 26th March 2011. I know that Morzine is low (town at 1000m) and skiing up to 2002m in the Morzine / Les Gets sector. With the hotel at 1500m or so hopefully we will alright for snow. Does anyone have any experience of late March skiing in Morzine? Really don't want to have to make the trek to Avoriaz more than a couple of times if necessary.

Many thanks
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Used to be run by Crystal as a clubhotel, is now managed by a French group called Hotels et Altitude http://www.hotels-altitude.com/fr/index-hiver.php

They have taken on the Brunerie in 2Alpes as well - also formerly run by Crystal - and embarked on a big programme of binning all the carpets and furniture, a project long overdue. Laughing
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Griggs, late season skiing can be fine.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Griggs, shouldn't be a problem. In case it is, you are well placed to get out on the slopes early and it really isn't too much of a trek to Avoriaz Very Happy
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Griggs, good location and the snow should be fine at that time of the year, and if lucky the weather will be pleasant as well. We stayed there in 2006. It needed updating then but we had a good time and the Crystal staff were good that year
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Hope they've sorted out the heating in the pool. It was flipping freezing!
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Small correction. Hotels et Altitude are also owned by TUI Smile
Viking is in a great location and the re-furb is smashing! (I am biased though, of course)
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Griggs, also sure that you will be fine - we are always in Les Gets till at least the middle of April and the weather usually confounds all the doom and gloomers. Agree with Simon Cross, that the location is great and if the hotel has had a refurb you should be fine.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Simon Cross, I assumed that. Is there anything out there not owned by TUI these days?
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Many many thanks for all your responses. Always nice to have a little endorsment that a right decision has been made ! Hotel sounds good and with the refurb done hopefully the interior will match the great location Smile Really looking forward to having a good ski round the area as the pictures I've seen of the tree lined runs look really great. Very Happy
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Simon Cross, Hope you keep the standard of the staff in the hotel, and of yes warn guests that in order to get to the hotel you have to get a lift up from the street, and so have the right clothes available after sitting on the bus. We were ok because we were prepared but I remember not all guest being so prepared, especially with young children. Our flight was a bit late too so we did not get to Morzine until 8pm that day.

We really liked the location of the hotel, great view down the valley and a really easy start to the date out the front door.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Pool was warm when we were there in, I think, 2007. I remember my elder running around in the snow wearing speedos having a snowball fight before diving into a snowdrift. Children are insane.

That was also the year he fell off a chairlift, clumsy too.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Skied past it many times, great location, right on the slopes and the top of the cable car. Very Happy
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Hi All
One quick question on this slightly aged thread and this one is primarily aimed at those people who have stayed in Le Viking this year.
I gather the hotel now has a small branch of Ski Set in it. I have my own skis which I wanted to have edged and waxed before the first days skiing. My friend also has a snowboard that could do with some tlc. Does anyone know if the shop in the hotel has the servicing equipment or am I going to need to head down into Morzine to have the service done? Really want to avoid this if possible as it is bound to be an overnight job so would neccesitate a trip down the cable car to collect them on the first morning with the associated queues to get back up. If they can't service them at Ski Set at Le Viking it might be easier to have them done here in the UK before the trip.
Many thanks and regards to all.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy