Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

A different boot question.

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I have a pair of Rossignol boots, about 10 years old. They have only been used for a week or 2 each year and are hopefully still fine. But, when new they were pure, snow-white. Now they have a slight green tinge to them. Is this just the dye in the plastic degrading or similar, or is it a sign that the plastic is getting old?

And can I expect these boots to last a while yet?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hey Jumper, This is a classic sign of degredation in the shell materials. It is a sign that it is getting time to consider replacing your boots. even though they may appear to be in good condition there is a potentoial that the plastic will become brittle and crack in cold conditions. This is extremely dangerous and can lead to major injury so think carefully before skiing. In the past I have taken customers shells that are questionable and stuck the shell in the freezer for a while and then dropped the shell from shoulder height onto hard surface. You would be suprised how many just shatter so if you decide to try it do so with the understanding that your beloved boots may not survive. Better that than a fractured leg though....good luck
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
[quote="ski4life"] Thanks, that's what I was worried about. It'll give me a good excuse to buy a new pair though!!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I replaced my boots at the end of last season after ten years. The inners had rotted although the shells looked very good.

It was only while checking out new boots that I was told that the shells do get brittle after time and apart from safety, will not give the flexibility that they should. The new boots were a great success and I felt that my skiing improved. It may have been due to a better design but I suspect that the better flexibility was the main reason. The trouble is that if your boots do get stiffer as they get older, it will be so gradual that you may not notice it as is what happened I believe in my situation.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy