Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Where to stay in Verbier

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
A group of friends are thinking of skiing in Verbier 5 – 13th March. There are children aged 13 & 15. All are reasonable skiers. Question is where to stay. The only time I was there was on a SCGB holiday, and the hotel had problem food - so I am badly placed to recommend somewhere to stay. I think the options are a chalet or possibly 3-4* hotel. I've recommended they look at Inghams. Any other thoughts?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Chalets Unlimited
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
o11y wrote:
Chalets Unlimited

Reasonable value from CU ^. It's the old Peak Ski outfit, so plenty of snowHead to vouch for them.

If the group is big enough Ski Extra is the way to go.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
The place is overloaded with Chalets, but few are cheap.

Having said that, I still think CU are still good value (read; as cheap as you'll find in Verbier) as I've looked agin this year and can't find cheaper.

If you're a real tightwad who doesn't like going out in the evening you could stay in La Chable a nd nip up in the gondola every day - no great hardship.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hotel de la Poste - very conveniently situated, not far from the Medran lift. A modest, family run hotel, with basic but wholesome food.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks guys - I'll pass these tips on.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
achilles, Have been to Verbier many times and have stayed at various places, but for varying reasons would not go back to any of them. Over-generalisation I know but I consider it to be overpriced and under-service provided. Garbo is the only notable exception, but its closed this year for a refurb. We go every year and stay in Haute Nendaz, same ski area and ski into 4Vallees via Siviez daily, hotel Les Etagnes (see web) is very highly recommended and excellent, brilliant Dutch host family hotel and wife is the chef. Right next to the main gondola and apres ski lively but not intrusive. We'll be there the following week from your friends trip, with friends for our annual homage. Consider flying in using Snowjet to Sion, just down the valley and taxi from airport (it is 20 mins up the road).

The tip is to be on the early lifts at Nendaz, and definitely before 9am, so as to beat the rush. Keep moving, and you are up Mont Fort or Mt Gele almost as quick as the crowds from Verbier - if you need to get back non-skiing regular FOC bus service back from Siviez, otherwise ski back via Col Du Vez, black but a good challenge for all, not too mad...........easily able to access far ends of Verbier daily without the hassle at Medran etc - a much more enjoyable family experience IMO. Very Happy
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy