Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

I think I am going to cry

Poster: A snowHead
my first ever pair of skis have just arrived and they are beautiful.

Off to Scotland on Thursday snowHead
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Shimmy Alcott, Very Happy
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
planning on using new skis in scotland in the early season? prepare to cry again! Wink
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Shimmy Alcott, Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Arno, I know. I will take them with me and hire if I think it's for the best. I will of course need lots of knowledgeable SH to help me decide.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Shimmy Alcott, Congratulations! Which ones'did you get?

I've been drooling over a pair of Volkl Mantra 191s for the last two weeks, they will be introduced to snow next Sunday in Tignes! I'm getting excited, but not tearful - at the moment!

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
snowgood, http://www.snowandrock.com/k2%20missconduct%2010/11%20(ski%20only)/k2/ski-snowboard-outdoor-sports/fcp-product/14299 but the base have silver graphics on - instead of the blue.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Shimmy Alcott, very nice Very Happy and cool top sheet too Very Happy , may you have may fantastic days of skiing on them!

Ps. Will you be getting much air so us snowHead s might get a glimsp of the silver base graphics?
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Shimmy Alcott, very nice indeed. snowHead Do you also have the skins you'll need to hike to the hills?
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
snowgood, , Mantra's great choice, I also ski them, just sold my 07/08's and bought 09/10's which are revving away in my garage waiting for mid January St Anton trip..........wish I was in Tignes next week!!
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
[quote="Shimmy Alcott"]my first ever pair of skis have just arrived and they are beautiful.

Off to Scotland on Thursday snowHead[/quote

It looks like it will clear for your journey but its a good job your not travelling up today snowHead
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
snowHead snowHead
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Shimmy Alcott, It can be quite rocky in places - take care.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Shimmy Alcott, They are skiing over the fence tops so I really dont think you will have a problem with your bases

.....and if its anything like here its all lovely fluffy powder Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
kevindonkleywood, have you gone to Tignes too?
snow conditions
Shimmy Alcott, sadly not Sad Sad Im in northumberland doing a lot of ploughing of a different kind. Heading north on Weds though, roads allowing. Might just have to call in at Cairngorm for a little run or 3 Toofy Grin
snow report
You may need to fit Touring bindings for when your car gets stuck so you can use your new planks to get along the road.
latest report
Shimmy Alcott, Congratulations Madeye-Smiley Now you can start putting together a quiver wink
snow report
Shimmy Alcott, exciting ...
snow report
I suggest you start looking st Spyderjon's website. Now you have nice skis, keep them that way by servising them yourself and don't deliver them ito the hands of people who will put them through a machine.

snowHead
ski holidays
I 've used a good few pairs of new skis in Scotland and never had an issue. Just ski in between the rocks Wink
snow report
My first pair of skis.......1984, Dynastar Course Geant! Blobs on the tips of skis were all the rage then. Apologies, but skis fail to evoke any excitement anymore!
snow conditions
oooh, see you there. Was there on saturday and you ll have to hunt for the rocks, unless the wind has blown away all the thigh deep fluff i kept tripping over Laughing
ski holidays
Shimmy Alcott, I wish you many happy days skiing on them - I remember the exicitement of getting my first ones too - enjoy!
snow report
Quote:

planning on using new skis in scotland in the early season? prepare to cry again!

Yep! View these and weep! Cairngorm Mountain, Sat 27th November 2010 Very Happy. Spot the skier on the funicular picture! (Click on each photo to enlarge!)

ski holidays
Chris Bish wrote:
I suggest you start looking st Spyderjon's website.

Yes, but if you visit him I only live 10 mins away so let me know and we can go for a drink and a gossip!
Quote:
servising them yourself
No way! Plan is, we go for a drink and you leave Phil with Jon to learn how to do all the ski stuff then you won't ever have to do them yourself! Cool
snow report
Shimmy Alcott,
Quote:

Off to Scotland on Thursday
Aye if you can get through Smile . Not going in the Cayenne are you wink
snow conditions
Quote:

planning on using new skis in scotland in the early season? prepare to cry again!

With joy that is!

Amazing conditions at Cairngorm!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
maggi, Chris Bish, that was my plan - just couldnt remember the name, cheers guys!

mountainaddict, silly excited now - and it looks like the sun is going to come out for our visit too. The weather Gods must love me.

bitoffluff, we're skiing Fri/Sat/Sun if all goes to plan. As my skis will be buried in the powder you can spot me by my pink hat and black spyder gear.
snow conditions
Shimmy Alcott, not sure whether you will be skiing Monday but just noticed that Cairngorm will be closed http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=69821#1651881
latest report
pam w, thanks for that. No skiing on the Monday - travelling home then.

halfhand, cheeky! We're going in the S4 - it even has a special thing that you can put your skis in the boot vertically and through into the car through a little cubby hole thing that also bags them up. snowHead
snow report
Quote:

you can put your skis in the boot vertically

Won't they protrude through the roof? Shocked
snow report
Bergmeister
Quote:

Won't they protrude through the roof?

It's obviously the GLX model at least - complete with tilt and slide sunroof wink

Shimmy Alcott
http://www.winterhighland.info/general/ is saying that conditions are going to be off the scale of epic once the weather clears - you will love it! Please post a trip report under Scottish Snow so we can find out how you get on!

Where are you staying by the way?

A word of advice: last weekend had really bad queues to buy lift tickets on the mountain - like 45 mins or more. They are not the best at organising basics like that.....However, the following ski hire shop in Aviemore sells lift tickets (same price as on the mountain) but isn't always open in low season. Probably worth contacting them to save yourself a wait: http://www.activitypoint.co.uk/cgi-bin/list.cgi?r=aviemore&e=839(AviemoreSkiHireandSnowboardHire)

If it's open, ask them for directions as, although it can be accessed from the main street, it can be tricky to find as it's actually round the back of the shops. You can drive to it and park outside though.

Alternatively, last weekend I heard that the hire shop/cafe at Glenmore (on the road to the slopes, about 6 miles after Aviemore) also sells lift tickets. However, their website may be suggesting that you need to hire from them to buy a lift ticket Puzzled . Might be worth checking: http://www.aviemoreski.co.uk/index.asp?pageid=168933
ski holidays
Shimmy Alcott, Couldn't resist hon' Toofy Grin Have a great time I'm jealous Laughing Laughing
snow report
mountainaddict, Will do a trip report - though my photos will be very lame - more of the happy snap type.

We're staying at the Cairngorm Lodge in Aviemore (not the hotel - it's a B&B).

Thanks for the info re. lift pass. I'll look them up. What motivated me to get my own skis was the experience of rental at Glencoe a few years back Laughing
snow report
Shimmy Alcott, looks like you're going to have a great time there! snowHead
snow report
A friend in Perth cant even get out her back door and the school has been closed for three days Shocked
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy