Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Whistler Blackcomb 2010/2011

Poster: A snowHead
Had my first day of lift served on Friday at Whistler. 25cm over night = 1st day = genuine powder day. Toofy Grin

Only mid mountain was open, it was the first day of Peak2Peak and Blackcomb opening (Whistler had opened the week before). We stuck to Whistler all day, it was pretty busy as the Seppos have Thanks Giving so we found ourselves on the lifts with either locals or people from Seattle.

We managed a few photos. Veronica:

Me:

snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
looking promising Cool
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
very pretty. I've got several mates out there for the season but the only photos they seem to post on fb are ones of themselves smiling at each other on the chairlift or in the bar
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Great photos snowHead Makes me want to be back there again!
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hope it's as nice at the end of February. Very Happy
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
It's my third day of the season but I didn't really get any shots of touring on the local hills. 4 weeks off now as I have to sun myself in the Caribbean from Wednesday Sad Wink

La Nina is looking good for the PNW! Woop Woop!
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Nice Cool Would love to be coming over this season but it doesn't look like it's going to happen Sad
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
have you got a sled yet?
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Arno, I just won one on e-bay. It's in Croydon, can you pick it up and bring it over with you? Hayduke said you are traveling light?

The 2011 budget has been accounted for, the sled will be here in 2012. (Getting the truck to pull it in a couple of months though.)
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
I write a blog about the snow condition at Whistler - you can see it here

http://whistlerblackcombsnowreport.com

and I have a photo gallery for November which can be seen here

http://whistlerblackcombsnowreport.com/photo-gallery/2010/november
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
wbsr wrote:
I write a blog about the snow condition at Whistler - you can see it here

http://whistlerblackcombsnowreport.com

and I have a photo gallery for November which can be seen here

http://whistlerblackcombsnowreport.com/photo-gallery/2010/november

nice blog ...

just back from 4 days up there over thxgiving, and 2 fine powder days Friday/Saturday. Sunday was great, sunny, no crowds and soft packed pow everywhere. La Nina is delivering so far Wink

few pics from weekend on my blog at:

http://gortonator.wordpress.com/2010/11/29/were-off-again-ski-season-2010-11-is-up-and-running/
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
parlor wrote:
It's my third day of the season but I didn't really get any shots of touring on the local hills. 4 weeks off now as I have to sun myself in the Caribbean from Wednesday Sad Wink

La Nina is looking good for the PNW! Woop Woop!

The life of a realtors a tough one eh!! wink
3 days on the mountains for me so far - 2 of them on a sledge (well pulling it back up the hill!) at Seymour - snow there was pretty good, and one on the magic carpet at Whistler on Sunday. Container has turned up now though at last, so there is hope of an imminent ski day Happy
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
parlor, wow that looks steep, what difficulty piste was the one in the top photo?
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
stuarth, are you still trying to master the snowplough? wink
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
No, given up trying wink
ski holidays
wbsr, gortonator, I have a blog too but it's not as interesting as yours! North Vancouver Real Estate Blog.

stuarth, I've had two days up at Seymour, not got on the lifts there yet though. See you in January?

Sainter, we dropped off the side of a cat track, so it's not really graded. We don't start skiing the really steep stuff until there is a bit more snow.
snow report
geetee wrote:
Nice Cool Would love to be coming over this season but it doesn't look like it's going to happen Sad

Change of plans - looks like I'm coming over to Whistler after all Cool
ski holidays
Whistler is in pretty good shape!

Recent TR here.

According to the diary I should be around for the next 4 weeks to bring you more updates from Whistler and the local mountains of Vancouver.

Here's a little shot from New Years Day with Vancouver and Vancouver Island in the background, a view that never get's old:

latest report
parlor,

A bit early on the down to be scrubbing speed, wasn't it..? snowHead
snow report
fr0sty, lucky to be alive actually. Wink Forgot to say that this little gem in 15 minutes from my house. Very Happy
snow report
parlor wrote:
Forgot to say that this little gem in 15 minutes from my house. Very Happy

I am in the wrong job mate...

Nice TR with Arno too, it looks sweet.
snow conditions
Sorry Europe, it appears la Nina is delivering to the PNW!
snow report
Just arrived and if the rain we have had all night is anything to go by (throwing it down) there is going to be huge amounts of new snow up there today.
snow conditions
Jake43 wrote:
Just arrived and if the rain we have had all night is anything to go by (throwing it down) there is going to be huge amounts of new snow up there today.

Jake43 How long you out there for, we are over next week.
snow report
Having rained all night we did think there would have been more snow than there was but still loads. 10cm at Pig Alley (half way up) and a good 20cm at the top. Very warm so the snow was quite soft later on at mid station but stayed good higher up.

2 bowls of Veg chilli, burger, cake, cookie drinks for 3 for $40 on the mountain. All very nice too.

White spot for food tonight which does every thing from burgers to fish&chips via curry - so something for everyone. 5 of us with drinks $102 excluding tip, but including the cocktails of the day. Peach Daiquiri today.

Brilliant sunshine all afternoon what a pleasure. Same due for tomorrow I hope.
snow report
Saturday saw powder and sun. What a combination.

It did get very warm and hence the lower slopes were very soft later on but still able to ski right down to the village. They have had over 14m of snow this year so far and the base is 1.3m so plenty to last until Easter.

Sunday - little more snow over night again and still sunny in the morning. Where the snow had melted it was quite icy with sugary snow below 1200m. Clouded over in the afternoon and started snowing. Dave Murrry downhill run was super for a pulled pork Sandwich down at Dusty's in Creekside for lunch. Brilliant as ever, well worth trying. Snow down in the village while we were watching the last Ice and Fire show of the season.

We are normally here over Easter and noticed that the crowds are less than we are used to. Even Saturday with loads of locals out for Bluebird Powder worst queues were only 5mins.

Monday 4th, Snow being ploughed on the roads outside so must be loads up on the mountain.
latest report
Wed 6th April, Oh well all good things come to an end; airoplane and the M25 beckon.

More snowploughs working in the village on the 3inches delivered over night good sign for a load of fresh powder up on the mountain-maybe 4inches up there and sunshine with a little cloud at times. Brilliant. Looks like it is going to ba an altime record snow year as they are nearly there with most of April yet to come.

Snowed just about every day with lovely light snow in the Alpine. snowHead

Anyone coming out should have a blast
latest report
We were out there for the first two weeks in April. Amazing conditions. Quite a few mornings in the first week (and a couple in the second week) we awoke to fresh overnight snow in the village. First time I've seen tractors clearing snow in the village that late in the season.

The snowcats had had to dig a wide trench under the top of the Harmony chair to provide clearance for the life the run. You could see areas under the Big Red that had been dug out earlier in the season. Never seen so few rocks on display from the Peak Chair, or on the path from the top of it to the Saddle. The stratified wall of snow at the top of the Glacier Express had instructors stopping to stare.

Week 2 it stayed cold. We had days of dry light powder in the high alpine with hardly anyone else around. A couple of times we went up to the Blackcomb Glacier after 2.30 to find no one else on it and tons of untracked snow. Spring snow was only really around in the pm below the gondola mid station.

Only downsides were the strong C$ and the absence of spring conditions meant that bump skiing took a back seat.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Last day of ops on Whistler mountain tomorrow and its still snowing!!
Been pretty warm so likely to be stodge on chunky ice tomorrow, but heh this week has been cracking with the never-ending powder winter continuing until Friday then some nice spring skiing, and back to winter again this evening.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy