Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

If you could only go skiing one more time, for 1 week, where would you go?

Poster: A snowHead
I think it would have to be the 3V for me.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Banff/Lake Louise. If only for the steaks!! snowHead
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Pas de la Casa- nice mix of apres and skiing suits me juuuust fine snowHead
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Val D'Isere.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Heli skiing in the Himalayas.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Kramer, agreed Laughing and I/we probably wouldn't have to worry about the return ticket. Nice choice
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Of all the places I have been to I would choose Sunshine Village, staying in the Sunshine Inn, right on the slopes with their huge outdoor hot tub.

I was there in November and they had so much pow it was unbelievable.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Masque, fancy a trip to Kashmir next season? I've always wanted to go.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Kramer, That could be a possibility, I'll keep it in mind though I've some serious fittness to regain after last years mess.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
With my limited trips (4 in total) I would have to say I would return to Soll. Big ski area and the best Apres Ski I have experienced. Nothing wrong with a bit of red or black vodka...... untill the next morning anyway!! Shocked

Last edited by Ski the Net with snowHeads on Mon 23-05-05 17:12; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
The Alps South - North and back again.

A facile answer but would take some time to do every run .. ...
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Silverton.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Quote:

Now that would be a fair ocumplishment in 1 week wink
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
La Rosiere / La Thuile. I would have a helicopter on standby that would pick me up wherever I was on the mountain at 12.50 and whisk me off to Lunch at La Rascard. At 14.00 it would pick me up and drop me off at the Belvedere summit. On day 3 it would be a glorious day and the chopper would collect me at 11.00 when it would drop me off at the Grand Motte and I would ski down to Les Brevieres for lunch an potter about Tignes for the day. I would spend he rest of the week exploring all the slopes and easy of piste bits that I missed at Easter due to poor snow. I remember bumping into Sharon Stone in a very old thread and she offers me a relaxing massage after a tough days skiing.

Last day I would get up early and then fly to Corchevel Altiport where I would spend the day cruising the deserted runs, lunch nr the Signal chair. Fly back to Geneva then Geneva - Durham Tees Valley (was Teesside) with Singapore Airlines. I would limit myself to 4 bombardinos per day so that I was not a danger to others.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Heli-skiing in Canada. Not done it (yet) but is something I would love to do, as soon as finances allow.
ski holidays
I've only been to Zermatt once, and want to go back to see if my memory is playing tricks. I doubt it, because the heating broke down on the second day, and half of the chalet team left without notice on the 4th day (Bladon Lines Budget Chalet), I sprained my knee but I still had a fantastic week.

So I think a week of heli served off piste, and some 5* apres ski should see me happy and the kids inheritance spent
ski holidays
If I cant have my first wish then it would be anywhere with Kramer as he knows how to holiday properly
snow conditions
Frosty the Snowman, La Rosiere / La Thuile! For the last weeks skiing in your life!? It's a nice place, but not THAT nice.
Alaska, The Andes, NZ, even the Rockies all have more intense skiing and Austria has better craique. Oh and Livigno has better food. The skiing may be beyond me (see sig.) but food and party I can do snowHead
ski holidays
Good choice ski
Never been there, but I'd love to go.
Silverton for me.
snow report
Frosty the Snowman, Lunch at La Rascard.....mmmmmm. And followed by Sharon Stone. Sod the skiing, I could do that every day for a week Toofy Grin
snow conditions
Masque,
Quote:

Alaska, The Andes, NZ, even the Rockies all have more intense skiing
Yeh but I'm crap and have no knees.
Quote:

Austria has better craique
if it was my last week I would want to spend it with my kids, and all my ski buddies who also have kids. Its each to their own Masque. If I was a strong skier with strong knees and dull or no kids, then my choices would have been different

PS judging how the pins feel today I may have to hire the chopper next February Sad
snow conditions
Frosty the Snowman, it sounds like you know how to holiday properly yourself. Would Mrs FTS be going with you?

Croatia was fantastic BTW.

Masque, I had a half hearted think about it this year, but FO advice is still to steer clear. I think that I'll be waiting until things settle down a bit before I go.
snow conditions
Frosty, good call, you've chosen the Tarentaise, some great skiing and more than enough to keep anyone occupied for a week. There's got to be some heli-skiing if only to ski the Ruitor Glacier, a 20kms descent and one of the great off-piste descents of the world. So for me it's a toss-up between the Tarentaise and St Anton or Chamonix, whatever I did I'd want to do it with my sons, just to see if I can still keep them in sight.
latest report
Frosty the Snowman, Last week skiing, not last week on Earth Shocked If it were 7 days till 'end of days' then my choices would be different. But yes I'd want to share my last week on snow with 'Spawn of Masque'.

Kramer . . . . I've a Septic Passport, I'll need a flack jacket.
latest report
Quote:

Would Mrs FTS be going with you?
Oh yes. Nearly everything I post comes from a sort of joint perspective (sad), She has been on all of my ski holidays and is dafter than I am Shocked . If it was really my last week I would wish to go to ANY decent resort, catered chalet board, with the usual crowd. Is it sad that I would repeat my usual ski holiday?. Its the people you holiday with that make it great. Seems like the EOSB was right up the street of me and Mrs FTS.

Croatian Sailing any good for kids? (big and small)
snow conditions
To be honest there wasn't that much sailing done. You can either sail, or sight see, so we chose to sight see, which mainly involved motoring between each harbour or marina, with a bit of sailing if the wind was favourable. I would suggest that June is probably the best time to go, as apparently July and August are really crowded, no space in the Marinas if you get there anytime after 2pm. Also apparently in July and August there is no wind. Early May was really quiet (which isn't necessarily a bad thing - British people are really welcome at all times, but especially when noone else is around), and I suspect that your kids would find it a bit boring at that time of year. To be honest, I would say that it is more of an adults holiday full stop, an appreciation for the finer things in life (a good book, a cold beer, some fresh bread, cheese, and cold meats, followed by a dinner heavy on the seafood) is definitely needed when spending four or five hours on a boat getting from one island to another.

The sailing bug has bitten pretty hard though, and now I want one of these. Very Happy
latest report
Can't decide between Himalayas and Alaska but Tamworth snowdome is definitely off the list.
ski holidays
Zermat or Madonna di Campiglio - can't decide which Puzzled
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Masque wrote:
Last week skiing, not last week on Earth Shocked

If the former, then the Himalayan, Alaskan or Canadian heliskiing options sound interesting. If the latter, I'd probably stick with Chamonix, up around Mt Blanc somewhere, and see if I actually survived all 7 days!
snow report
Somewhere where no one had been before - that sounds like Star Trek!!!
snow conditions
ginger winger wrote:
Quote:

Now that would be a fair ocumplishment in 1 week wink

At my age time means sod all i.e I can go for a week and turn up at work 5 years later and nobody would care ! ( Probably applies to a few others here given the time they spend composing !!)
latest report
I think heliskiing in Alaska would be awsome.
snow report
Heliskiing in Alaska and the Himalayas seems to get a lot of votes. Deffo last weeks skiing for you lot coz you'll starve to death. Name me one good restaurant in either "resort".
ski holidays
Frosty the Snowman, did I ever mention the restaurants in Zermatt...

...or the quality of our Scott Dunn personal chef.
snow report
Kramer,
Quote:

If I cant have my first wish then it would be anywhere with Kramer as he knows how to holiday properly

Could I ever forget Very Happy
snow report
If I could only go skiing for one more day I'd want to go on a trip with Phil Ingle. If I was still alive by lunchtime it'd be an achievement.

Warning Shameless plug .....

A lot of trips people are talking about and more are available here, just click on expeditions. http://www.skimountaineering.com/
Trips include Heli skiing Alaska, Russia, Greenland & Himalayas. For those who also sail the "ski and sail trip in Norway" might interest you.

For those thinking I wish I was good enough to go on those trips but I can't ski powder just click on "winter" then "groups" then ring Graham the Geordie Boy in St Anton (don't worry he speaks Geordie, Tirolean and English).

You're only young once (like me you probably missed that so you might as well have fun with what days you have left)
latest report
Tough choice but if I only had one week left it would have to start with a day at Les Arcs - Genepy, Combes and some off-piste runs off the Aiguille Rouge and over the back of the Grand Col for one last time. Then a day in Chamonix to take the family down the Vallee Blanche before hitching a lift in Kramer's heli to the himalayas (you got four spare seats? - fancy we'll do the first family holiday descent of Everest on planks).
latest report
If was to go back to somewhere I'd been sking, then it would be Blue Sky Basin, off the back of Vail. A great introduction to the back-country, with a degree of comfort that someone will (probably) come down the same route as you at some stage during the day. Or possibly tomorrow. But soon anyway.

In fact, the more I write, the more I want to back right now...

For somewhere new, yup, with you guys in the Heli-skiing, but would probably take the Canadian Rockies over the Alsakan:

Alaska - I've been in the Summer seen some of the snow depth marks around Valdez, Anchorage and Fairbanks - mighty pretty, mighty deep, mighty (mighty) cold.
PS did you know they have the only chair lift in the world that starts from sea-level? Ahout 2 hours south of Anchorage. Starts from the Harbour-side, in a resort/town whose name escapes me...( but don't think its Alyeska) where the natives go, rather than us tourists.

Also, IM ever-so HO, surprisingly not as much as feeling of isolation as in Canada, - in both cases when beyond the back of beyond (1 hour of float plane from nearest habitat versus 1 day's canoing from last known human contact sort of outposts). Alaska, was far more ... well, noisy, really. Its all relative of course: you can't get much further away from the rest of the human race, but you can a bit.

And of course, Alaskan winters have very very short days - so if its my 'last' week, I don't want to have it just to be my 'last 10 hours' Very Happy
snow report
JimW, but prime time for Alaskan heliskiing is in April and May I think, as Alaskan winters are too cold for skiing. Therefore the length of the days is not so much of a problem.
latest report
How about this one ? I think this is the boat that was featured in one of the Matchstick Films with Seth Morrison, SHane McConkey et al.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy