Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Geneva Airport - How long from landing to reach transfer bus?

Poster: A snowHead
@rob@rar, I think it was a little over 1 hour. We landed around 3pm and caught the 16:32 train to Bern. Never stood in a queue so long, even in the US. It went on and on. People cutting in by pretending to have an EU passport. Total shambles frankly.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
We were out in February before half term, flight landed 10:20am, 15-20 min queue for passport control, nearly an hour waiting for luggage. Just barely made our 11:55am transfer bus (we also had to walk from T2 to T1)

Seems to be a bit of a lottery though, done the same connection(s) and had time for a couple of beers on other occasions.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I wish everyone who voted for Brexit had been in that Q!
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Origen, +1. I admit that I did moan about Brexit, to which a chap behind me said “Brexit means Brexit”, and I said “Brexit means never ending queues”. Note that photo wasn’t taken on arrival; I took it when I guessed it went to the end of the building (first time at GVA).
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@Orwell, ha! I reckon you were about ten back from my mate. Can see his daughter’s v tall boyfriend (purple hoodie) and a bloke in a green jacket - he sent me a video as well and green jacket was just behind him.

snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Worth checking just where your pickup point is. Many will be right outside the Arrivals gate, which is fine, but some may be at another terminal or outside.

Whinge - why does the airport transfer bus drive all the way to the far end of the departures hall, only for you to have to walk all the way back along the gates you've just driven past?
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@halfhand, there is the option of a later bus but it’s 3 hours later and arriving in resort at 10pm. I will have been on a place for about 24 hours……
I might just change the flight to the day before and have a evening in Geneva.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@jebroni3_16, Alpybus to Tignes.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Thanks all. I changed my flights to the day prior. I guess I’ll have a night in Geneva and then catch an early bus.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
One thing to say is if you're a tea drinker and plan for a slow transfer through the airport and happen to have a really quick one turn left when you enter the melee that is the arrivals and head to Tekoe. One of the few places on a ski holiday I'll risk asking someone to make me a cup of tea (never do this up a French mountain!) Smile
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@Mjit, thanks. I’ll be keen to get out of the airport and catch the 6 minute train to the city so I can go for a run around the lake.
I might get a cuppa the next morning while waiting for the bus.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
My understanding is you can get a free ticket for transport into Geneva from a machine in the Arrivals Hall. I think it’s just to the left of the exit doors, but someone else can probably confirm this.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
andy from embsay wrote:
@Orwell, ha! I reckon you were about ten back from my mate. Can see his daughter’s v tall boyfriend (purple hoodie) and a bloke in a green jacket - he sent me a video as well and green jacket was just behind him.

I'm pleased I am coming in from within Schengen in 2 week! That looks awful!
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@Legend., it’s very variable. I generally arrive on Thursday or Friday evenings about 2100 and can’t ever recall waiting more than 5 minutes at passports in the last couple of years. Should be the last season for separate queues anyway as the EES is supposed to be in from October. I have a provisional quick trip booked in October to get my fingerprints and eyes scanned before it gets busy next year, as people’s first time through the border could be a bit stinky.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Just taken 28 mins from touch-down to exit. No baggage, but it was on the carousel for our flight. Unusually for EJ there was no bus involved.
latest report
Ski lots wrote:
Just taken 28 mins from touch-down to exit. No baggage, but it was on the carousel for our flight. Unusually for EJ there was no bus involved.

Beauty of Mondays!
snow report
Flew from GVA to Birmingham last week and passed through UK controls with no queue. Straight through the eGates, collected bags and was in car about 20 mins after landing. Very efficient.

There would be less of a queue at Swiss immigration if they staffed all of their desks and allowed Brits to use the eGates (as EU and Swiss nationals can when they come to the UK). However, that is a political decision for their government to make.
snow report
@Hurdy, until ETIAS is deployed there's no way to allow non-Schengen citizens to use the e-gates ...
ski holidays
arrived in Geneva airport Friday evening last year - over an hour at passport control. unbelievably poo-poo and slow.
latest report
Think it took us two hours last summer. One of the big airplanes from the middle east landed just in front of us, so the queue was massive.
latest report
under a new name wrote:
@Hurdy, until ETIAS is deployed there's no way to allow non-Schengen citizens to use the e-gates ...

The Portuguese have managed to allow Brits to use their eGates since 2022....https://inews.co.uk/inews-lifestyle/travel/portugal-e-gates-can-use-enter-travel-rules-confusion-uk-arrivals-passport-stamps-1593315

Brits can also use the French eGates at St Pancras.

EES should result in no need for passport stamping as it is an automatic system that checks when you enter and leave. So, once EES is up and running (at some indeterminate point) there is no reason why Brits could not use eGates (other than politics).
snow report
Quote:

until ETIAS is deployed there's no way to allow non-Schengen citizens to use the e-gates ...

We landed in Milan in January and UK passengers were allowed through the e-gates. A border guard was then just stamping passports without looking at them.

Swiss immigration was very slow before Brexit. It is not an EU thing but a Shengen thing, for example there is no control for flights from Norway. My son beat the queues last year by changing planes in Amsterdam where the passport control is much more efficient.

Entry into the UK can also be very slow. Quite often I've waited over 30 minutes to get through immigration at Heathrow and Birmingham and other times gone through in less than 5 minutes.
snow conditions
To be fair this morning there was a really big non-EU queue, but it moved quickly with lots of staff and as above cleared inside half an hour. Mind you if I was the OP I think the time available would make things very exciting.
snow report
sbooker wrote:
@jebroni3_16, Alpybus to Tignes.

Apologies for delay replying. Travelling from Brum to Aosta via Milan.

Asked who you were going with because certain companies have the flexible option... Alpybus being one of them. But it sounds like you've tweaked your plan and are sorted now anyway. Enjoy!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy