Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Resorts for Beginners

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi im looking for a 4-5 night break Feb 10/11 to the 15th Feb for 2 beginners and within 1 hour from geneva airport? any suggestions?
We will consider any type of accommodation as long as room is ensuite, so hotels, chalets, apartments ect
any help would be very much appreciated and quick responses as i need to book something ASAP.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
jet_freestyle, Hmm. There aren't that many resorts within just 1 hour of Geneva, and it's always difficult to get "long weekend" style accommodation especially in the French school holiday period (which starts 13 Feb). Chamonix is probably the best bet in accommodation terms, though it's not generally recommended for beginners. Les Houches might be OK though and is the closest to Geneva.

You might do better on the Swiss side, but I don't know about those places.

I'd agree that you need to book quickly - if you get some sensible-looking offers, don't hang around.

You'll be driving from Geneva, presumably?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
jet_freestyle, Will you be hiring a car at Geneva or looking to get to a resort via public transport or private transfer?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I'll be predictable here - St Gervais would suit on the beginner front and is in the same neck of the woods as Pam is describing. Searching for apartment sleeping at least 2 for 10-15 feb throws up about 50 possibles - some will be far too big/expensive and some will still no doubt be hanging on for the full week but there might be a few that are getting twitchy. I'd recommend skifeverholidays.co.uk - debbie and aaaargh his name escapes for lessons or alternatively ESF are OK particularly Walter, Stefan and Laurence (female)
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
If one has a car one can stay in town or village away from the skiing resorts and this open up enormous opportunity and certainly no problem of staying for a few nights. There must be at least a dozen resorts suitable for beginners within a one-hour drive from Geneva.

I would book a few days in a normal hotel like Ibis in Sallanches and then choose from Les Gets, Morzine, AVoriaz, Le Caroz, Flaine, Morillon, La Clusaz, Le Bonard, Megeve, St Gervais, Les Contamines, Les Housches etc.

Every difficult and steep skiing area in Chamonix has a small beginner area at the bottom. Vormaine is possibly the largest beginner area but it is at the deep end of the Chamimix valley at Le Tour Col de Balme.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
You sure you just want to look around Geneva area? Take a Ryan air flight for £21 to pau or lourdes and then you have some great ski resorts for beginners...
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
jet_freestyle, one thing you might want to consider is that most group ski lessons for beginners will run Sunday/Monday to Friday. If your beginner friends turn up resort on a Friday it is likely that the only ski school option for them will be private lessons, which is usually a more expensive option.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Try to check the area of Grand Massif , Samoens. It's easy transfer and only about 40 min from Geneva airport.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy