Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

La Plagne/Les Arcs

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Thinking about next year - What are these like?

I am an early intermediate.

Thanks
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Not cheap, busy, loads of skiing that would suit an Early intermediate. I would suggest Vallandry for a skier of your ability. lots of nice wide piste. Many different holiday options with some SnowHeads offering accomodation.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Go to La Plagne - stay in 1800, bring tablet = happy Nade! Very Happy

Ive never been to either but quite a few went to the EOSB so they should be able to shed some light, and Frosty the Snowman has been to La Plagne a few times I think - he might help! Im living in blissful ignorance!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
jb1970, Nadenoodlee, Lots of people with much more knowledge with me snowHead . 4 weeks so far, but would go back tommorrow (edit- tommorrow would be no good, but during ski season would be fine.)

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Mon 23-05-05 10:24; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
ahhh he beat me to it!
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Not skied La Plagne much, but I know Les Arcs reasonably well and I think it's very suitable for early intermediates. There are lots of lovely tree-lined runs down to Peisey, Vallandry and Villaroger which are ideal for early intermediates, and generally the resort has a good range of pistes so you can progress to steeper stuff if you want. Skiing down to Villaroger (one of the lower villages in the domain) is usually very quiet, even when the rest of the resort is busy. The lift network is mostly very modern, and they now have hands-free lift tickets so no fiddling around with stupid photopasses any more. There is a choice of ski schools if you want to take lessons, including a British-run ski school based in Vallandry (New Generation).
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
jb1970, it depends when you are planning to go as well. Nightlife tends to be quiet in both resorts. Early season I would tend to go to Peisey Vallandry so that the tree skiing is on your door in case of winter storms/ intense cold, and the P-V valley tends to be very sheltered. During school hols I would avoid La Plagne on account of overcrowding, but perhaps veer towards La Plagne for late Feb on, because in fairness the skiing is easier that side than Les Arcs. I would content yourself with 1 trip across the Vanoise Express, otherwise its a stupendously expensive lift ticket that would add a lot more skiing to an already huge area, whichever side you go.
Have fun
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Martin Nicholas - I would probably be going end of Feb/beginning of March - what would the conditions be like then?

Thanks
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Martin Nicholas, Sound advice alround. I would add 2 things; Try for a Sunday transfer if possible, a and if you can do a Sunnday then do the Vanoise Express on a Saturday. to some the Vanoise Express is just a lift, but for me at is a technical marvel, and a great day out, the wife was bored!!!
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
jb1970, You should be fine whichever side you choose - theres good snowmaking both sides. Look up threads on Paradiski using the search facility in user facilities, top left of the header andd you will find lots of tips.

Frosty the Snowman, its a must do ride for its incredible speed, and the height above the valley floor, I agree an engineering masterpiece, although perhaps an example of poor market research. Its a shame its seems to be so underused. One of my ski mates gets vertigo and crossed clutching the centr rail, eyes shut!
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
jb1970, These times are generally best fro the snow, but also End Feb is generally.French school holiday holiday.

I can also highly recommend chalet Maxine in Plagne 1800 through Silver Ski. It is rumour3ed that this year will be superb for food but that the =wine may periodically run out.. Silver Ski Male Staff and guests run a CGB competition and apparently there will be a couple of outstanding entries this year.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Frosty the Snowman, Dead man walking
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
What is a CGB competition?
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Chalet Girl's Bums, size of etc, they generally grow through the season.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
jb1970, Sorry couldnt reply, had to log out but David@traxvax,knew the answer. Nadenoodlee, Laughing Laughing Laughing
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy