Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Quiet apartment in Val Thorens before Easter

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Grrrr
Just had our booked acomodation canceled by Val Thorens tourist agency.
Anyone suggest a quiet apartment for a family of forr for around the £800 - £1000 mark for the week before Easter (16th – 23rd April). Above all we are looking for a quiet location. We are not bothered about convience for the town, just peace and quiet. Happy

Quote:
"Many thanks for your last e-mail and your reservation for next april from 16th to 23th. I’ve just had a call from the residence Chalets du Thorens, and the apartment 2/4 people has been doubled booked for this week. We are sinceraly sorry for that"

The suggested
LE CHEVAL BLANC, Le Schuss and LES BALCONS DE VAL THORENS neither of which get good reviews on trip adviser. I was looking at RESIDENCE MONTANA, but any suggestions / experiance / recommendations very welcome.

Also happy for suggestions in Tignes
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Anyone?
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
ringingmaster, Not sure if you'll get the 'peace and quiet' you require, but that week is the same date as the snowHead family bash. The price is more than you stated above but does include a VT lift pass.
I have never stayed at the Montana but believe it has a good rep.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
You could try the Hameau des Airelles apartments in Les Menuires. you will find them on www.belambra.co.uk
We have owned an apartment there from when they were built 4 years ago. They are nice and quiet, being about 1km from the main resort. You can ski in / ski out unless you are a complete beginner. The apartments have there own swimming pool, sauna, steam roon and gym. There is a bus stop right at the end of the access road.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
weedram wrote:
You could try the Hameau des Airelles apartments in Les Menuires. you will find them on www.belambra.co.uk
We have owned an apartment there from when they were built 4 years ago. They are nice and quiet, being about 1km from the main resort. You can ski in / ski out unless you are a complete beginner. The apartments have there own swimming pool, sauna, steam roon and gym. There is a bus stop right at the end of the access road.
Based of recent years it's highly unlikely you'll be able to ski in Les Menuires at that time of the year surely? 3rd week in April? Even in VT anything below 2000m can be 'interesting'.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
weedram,

Thanks for the suggestion, but I was hopeing to be higher than les menuires.

BMF_Skier,

I would love to do the bash, but the other half is refusing. Sad if no one has any terrible experiences, then it will be Montana.
Just want to get everything booked - again.

ThAnks
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
ringingmaster, You can still come over to Oxalys and say hello if you are in VT at the same time. Montana is only about 200m away. I believe that last year the Montana was a fav end of day watering hole for the snowHead Hope you sort it out.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
BMF_Skier wrote:
Based of recent years it's highly unlikely you'll be able to ski in Les Menuires at that time of the year surely? 3rd week in April? Even in VT anything below 2000m can be 'interesting'.

Last April I skied from Les Menuires the week 10-17 April and it was still skiable that week, albeit a bit slushy in the afternoons at the bottom. We did have a dump of snow early in the week though, so may not be typical.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
BMF_Skier, will do. In fact it will be easier now with whatever I book as it will be in the town. The previous apartment was the restaurant by the moraine lift 1 km from the town.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
ringingmaster,

I've sent you a PM, as our apartment in Val Thorens is available that week. Very Happy
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Bergmeister, responded by email.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Hi

Montana is a nice newish set of buildings at the lower end of the resort. Other buildings to consider: L'Hermine and Roc de Peclet. Both very quiet.

I have a run down of the apartments here if interested: http://www.skigb.com/val-thorens-apartment-reviews.html

Stu
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
SkiGB.com, Thanks, interesting site. Will bookmark it.
I have actually booked Bergmeister's apartment
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy