Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Obergurgl and Josl Mountain Lounging

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all,

I'm looking for a quiet ski hols with the girlfriend at a spa, boutiquey type hotel in February. With a little help from snowHead I've come across this resort and hotel. Looks perfect but am I about to make a horrible mistake? Any advice much appreciated.

Thanks

Tom
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Not stayed there, it had a major refurb a couple of years back and looks very modern ( some locals think overly so). Have spent many nights in the Keller underneath which is as lively as Obergurgl gets (which isn't terribly lively). Lovely resort, great skiing, not a massive party town, but good après ski in the Nederhutte.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Obergurgl is high and right at the end of a valley road, not sure if we didn't find it but there is no town centre or shops etc to talk of, it is just a random selection of nice hotels. I was a bit disappointed with the place as a town and also found the skiing a bit limited, the runs were dark early and very icy in Obergurgl itself, runs in Hochgurgl are linked and much sunnier and open. On the flipside the hotels are good quality and it is snowsure. We went years ago and have had no desire to return due to limited skiing and lack of a nice town. All depends on what you are after really!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Obergurgl is beautiful , we went there for years and we all loved it , I think if you want a quiet ski holiday it would be the place to go. The Josl is nice ...we did not stay there but we ate there almost every day because we had young kids in ski school and it was the easiest place for us to meet up ,the food is very good and staff are lovely, it is very convenient to lift pass office and the lifts and meeting places for ski schools , maybe limited skiing but plenty variety for our family .The Nederhutte is great fun , you have to go there for apres ski !
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Not stayed at the Josl but have looked around the rooms and have friends who stay there every year. The new rooms (totaly rebuilt 2 years ago are very modern, most with great views. the only thing my friend did not like was the dividing wall between the bedroom and the bathroom was glass (all be it slightly frosted) so he did not like the fact that he could be seen sitting on the loo!

Apart from that it is fine, the bar upstairs is very swish and below is the josl keller which, like Steve I have alos had some great drunken nights, dont worry about noise from the keller it is very well sound proofed.

I would not worry about the lack of extensive skiing as mentioned above, there is plenty to keep you going for a week.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
This hotel seems to have been getting a lot of bad feedback on Trip Adviser recently.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy