Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

saalbach activities

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
hi heading out to saalbach on 2nd january. While we are there it is the other halfs 50th birthday.....
Im going to book him the piste basher driving as a surprise

can anyone recomend any thing else that I could organise whilst there to make it special

he is so hard to buy for my family are also keen to hopefully book up something for him....

thanks
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
If it is cold enough there is normally ice karting in nearby Zell am See I know crystal and neilson sell it not sure if other tour ops do. You should be able to book it through the tourist office.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Go to Hotel Peter for the Felsensteak and magic show on the Friday night. Booking is essential!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
agree with magic peter show ...it was a good laugh ...he even "chopped " my wifes arm off with his guilatine! though no blood was spilled.
You could also try the night sledgeing at the speilberghaus that is kicked off by a trip up the mountain on the back of a piste basher in the dark, followed by a great dinner, a few drinks and finally sledging back down again.
There is also a great moutain restaurant called thurneralm that sell the best spare ribs and other nice meals at a great price, has a lovely table in the side of the restaurant with a roaring log fire that is great to sit next to at lunch time especially in bad weather, as well as a pint of beer for less than 3 euros! FRANCE take notice!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
In a recent 'Driving to Saalbach' thread the Spielberghaus was mentioned. You can get up there behind a piste basher, enjoy yourselves and then sledge back down. Might be interesting.

Ooops - hadn't noticed that daveqpr had mentioned this already.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
The last couple of years there has been Ice Driving using Audi 4X4 A4s just off the main road from Saalbach to Maishofen.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
ooh the night sledging could be a plan....
unfortunatly we are not there on the friday so will miss the majic show is it only on the 1 night ?
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
As per daveqpr, espri, the night sledging is excellent. We went in February this year and the whole family enjoyed it - from 12 (my daughter) to 70 (my Dad). Incidentally my Dad was 70 the day we let - he skied everyday including blacks Smile I hope those geenes are passed down.

We also went on a horse drawn sleigh ride to a nice hotel/bar where we had a "few" schnapps which made the ride back fun wink
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
daveqpr wrote:
agree with magic peter show ...it was a good laugh ...he even "chopped " my wifes arm off with his guilatine! though no blood was spilled.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=3280027&l=467e09c862&id=631312518

That's me on the right, getting done up like a kipper!
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Dont go to the Mexican - it's rubbish!
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
rich1 how did you book up the night sledging?
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
molly, we went with Crystal so booked it through them, but if you're not on a package, I'm sure your hotel reception would help or ask around the shops etc - I think it's pretty well known
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Hi Molly,

Saalback has plenty to do and has a really good night life to boot!

You can do the following: Skidooing, Tobogganing, Floodlit skiing (Hinterglemm), Ice karting, Bowling, Sleigh rides and there's access to over 50kms of cleared footpaths.

Our resort guy (at Crystal Ski) mentioned you might like to check out Goasstall bar for a lively atmosphere! Hope this helps.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Quote:

I got their number from their website and rung them up.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
molly, For the Spielberghaus evening party and tobogganing, see the folllowing article;
http://www.budgettravel.com/bt-dyn/content/article/2005/06/04/AR2005060400770_2.html

The Goassstall apres-ski party starts at about 4pm every night and is a must. Apparently they also do great meals in there. I assume that you have to book though.

Hans Peter presents his highly recommended Magic Show (Tommy Cooper and Benny Hill combined!) to his diners only on Fridays, starting at around 9pm (so booking a table for 7.30 - 8pm is advisable (I realise that you will have to give this a miss this holiday - maybe next time).

Also I recommend you to reserve a table at the Hinterhagalm for about 3.45pm any day - go in early and pick a table that will give you a view of the band upstairs, or the round table in the corner downstairs.

I can also recommend dinner at the Backstattstall, just up by the Bernkogel gondola.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy