Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Powder Skis - Black Diamond Zealot ?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Looking for a 2nd pair skis to suppliment my Black Diamond Mira, to cope with deeper powder.

Thinking along the lines of the Black Diamond Zealot.

Would probably put Fritschi Diamir's on them.

Has anybody had experrience of them, or got any other suggestions ?

Zealot
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I'd look into the Justice also. I believe it's lighter weight. Both skis are phenomenal and I wouldn't be surprised if you end up getting rid of your Miras after skiing these. I have friends who exclusively ski a ski that is 105 to 115 underfoot and have no complaints about skiing them on hard pack, obviously it's all smiles in powder. Skis with an early rise tip will ski shorter and turn far quicker than people think in non-powder conditions. Fritschi's would work just fine on either of them but if you're are looking at doing more touring with them consider Dynafit if your boots are compatible.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Never skied them myself but spoke to a few people who demoed older versions and they described them as having two steel planks attached to your feet. Too stiff for most people. I think they have softened them now but they are still on the stiff end of the spectrum. Probably not the ski to put fritchis on!
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
The Justice does look interesting - looks like more of powder pureist than the Zealot
Guess Justice + Mira would probably cover a greater range of conditions than Zealot + Mira ... Puzzled

Know what you mean about new skis replacing old - my idea was to use my old skis for pistes and scrappy off-road stuff

Boots are what caused me to hold off getting new skis last year
New skis + skins + binding + boots + footbeds; start getting into megabcks realms Sad

scottishskier - find it interesting you don't rate Fritschi on stiff skis - what other binding would you suggest ? (surely not a dynafit ...)
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Skis comparable in size to the Zealots
http://blogs.powdermag.com/skis-110-119mm/
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Quote:

scottishskier - find it interesting you don't rate Fritschi on stiff skis - what other binding would you suggest ? (surely not a dynafit ...)

I have fritschis myself on my touring skis and they are great for touring but for normal skiing with a little skinning a marker duke or baron would be more suitable. Your not exactly going to be skinning for long or often with skis that big/heavy.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Will have to have a look at the Marker stuff.
Haven't seen any of there touring stuff 'in the field' so to speak (dynafit & Fritschi seem to rule)
I do love the simplicity of the Fritschi - and the fact you can get nordic stride lengths

Although you're correct, that I'm looking for more freeride-than-touring, I'd guess about 2-4hrs skinning would be typical.
TBH I don't mind the weight of my current Mira+Fritschi combo - builds up leg & knee strength quickly at the start of the seaon Wink
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
It's better to ride everywhere black diamond powders skis except park when it's powder. Powder makes everything ten times better unless it's over 4 ft of fresh, then the greens and blues will not be steep enough to pull you through, black diamonds are still good to go at this point!
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
had to read that a couple of times...

hey snow_muncher, if you are still considering the ski (in which case bro, hurry up and pull the trigger) get the Zealots, no ski has ever made me smile so much!
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
lalitv74,
Do you do kitchens as well?
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy