Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ischgl Accomodation

Poster: A snowHead
Hello!!

Does anybody know any cheap sites for accomodation in Ischgl? Im after something near the nightlife and as cheap as possible! Package deals seem quite pricey so looking at easyjet flight to Innsbruck and hire car!

I'l be going mid-late Jan for 3 adults!

Cheers
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
kevinmiller1982, Have not stayed in Ischgl before but think it's along the lines of St Anton, ie quite pricey for Austria and will only usually get rooms for 7 days (unless you wait till nearer the time). Was in Kappl this year with the family and was excellent. We're heading back this year and is only costing us €49 a night db&b per adult to be right beside the piste http://www.alpenfrieden-kappl.at/index.php?id=13&L=1 . Ischgl is 10-15 mins by bus although we only discovered after going there that a taxi would have been €15 and much quicker (will do that this year when we head for the day).

Do you really need the car? Try this lot for a quote for taxi http://www.innsbruck-taxi.com/en/ There is a Hertz in Ischgl if you can manage some deal with them???

Some of the Ischgl regulars will come along and give you some specifics on b&b's etc. You could also try www.bergfex.com
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
We vacationed in Ischgl two (2) years ago and stayed at the Sporthotel Silvretta. You can't beat the location and it is also home to one of the largest apres ski bars in Ischgl, the Kuhstall. As far as price, I believe we booked our room directly through the hotel.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thank you for the replies.

Not sure about car just thought it would be cheaper/easier than a taxi! I've found some accomodation and your right, its very pricey!! Looking at around £1200 for 3 near the centre which makes the DIY not worth it as can get package for £900 inc everything!

Cheers
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
kevinmiller1982, Just try http://www.ischgl.com/accommodation-tyrol.en.htm
They will have all the accommodations there. Cheapest for 3 might be B&B type, all small self-catering apartments.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Have stayed at the Alpenrose. Was resonable and convenient.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks for that!

What district is near the nightlife? Mathon etc. I will probably have a car so dont mind driving to the lifts but wanna avoid taxi's at 4am if possible!

Cheers
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
kevinmiller1982, I stayed in the Feriengluck last year - right oppo the main gondola and next door to the big apres bar called KuhlStall or something like that.

Was about €70 a night B&B so depends what you mean by cheap, but very nice brekky and a lovely spa and the location was perfect.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Thanks Red, that sounds very reasonable!!! How did you book that?
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
kevinmiller1982, we did a package with inghams to a b&b(hotel garni great breakfast and local info) five min walk from centre, flights to innsbruck, and private transfers, which allowed us to ski on the saturday pm. ischgl is one helluva a town Toofy Grin
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
kevinmiller1982, I just emailed them from their website http://www.ferienglueck.at/englisch/index.htm

Like lots of Austrian places their not keen on kredit karten - I wired them the money which was simple enough.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Just pitch a tent if you get desperate. You may go home minus a few fingers n toes but it'll be a better alternative than not going to Ischgl!
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Thanks for all replies everyone!!

Think ill end up with package deal, can get for £860 ish. The seperate flight/hotel/transfers doesnt seem to save much!

I hope the nightlife is worth its the main reason im picking Ischgl!!!
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Have you looked at staying in Versahl? Downhill walk to lift in morning and drunk cab home at ??? after apres.Easy. We have stayed in the Angerhof.Very good and cheap (30euros b&b) and they give you a locker key to store skis at lift. You dont need to get a taxi.Innsbruck to landeck by train then jump on bus.Cheap
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Just had a quick look on http://www.ischgl.com/accommodation-tyrol.en.htm but not many places avaliable and they all seem to want saturday to saturday and easyjet flight are sunday to sunday from Liverpool, sods law!!
snow report
kevinmiller1982, Ischgl is not cheap I booked in August for 8 of us and got H/B for £679.00 each with group discount from ski Line when I tryed to add 2 more in October it had gone up to £895.00. But give Ski Line a ring
latest report
Cheers will give them a ring!
ski holidays
kevinmiller1982, Who told you there was nightlife in Ischgl Puzzled
Off there in March
ski holidays
I thought the nightlife was mental??? Well thats what i've read on the net!!
ski holidays
kevinmiller1982, he's pulling your leg

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Thu 25-11-10 11:33; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
Simmy, Smile
snow report
I knew that Embarassed
latest report
kevinmiller1982, mental but in the best possible taste Shocked
ski holidays
We went for a long weekend in Ischgl a few years ago, stayed in the Haus Schneider Apartments which were 5 minutes away by taxi or bus in a place called Mathon, place was good and convenient enough for us. Can't remember what we paid but it was cheap enough at the time. Places in town are much more expensive.
snow report
The Albona is a decent hotel in Ischgl.
By no means the best but great value for money compared to some of the other places you can stay
latest report
Simmy,
Quote:

Just pitch a tent if you get desperate.

Funny you should mention tents. I spent a night in one in Ischgl a few years ago. Why? - well I blame it on the alcohol.
kevinmiller1982,
Quote:

What district is near the nightlife? Mathon etc.

Mathon is an outlying hamlet - bit of a jaunt after a night on the town. Provided you stay in Ischgl itself you won't have far to walk home. There's nightlife all around town but main areas are around the Silvrettabahn on the main street and on the eastern side of town around the Pardaschgratbahn. If you want to know where to go I'll be happy to advise. The place is beyond mental but as others have alluded to it isn't cheap.
Oh, and by the way the skiing's pretty good with a great lift system.
Roll on March.
snow conditions
Cheers, as staying in Ischgl itself is quite a bit more than Mathon/Vershal etc so looks like ill be staying around there and getting a cab back at night, makes sense as its not worth the extra just to walk home! Nightlife sounds good, cant wait!!

Im used to Borovets so the lift system and skiing wont dissappoint Very Happy
ski holidays
kevinmiller1982, taxis are easy to get hold of at all hours. Not sure about costs though.

this thread may be of use

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=56135
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Thanks for that, very usefull!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy