Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Blend, Lord or Kung Kajas?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Im looking at buying a set of all mountain skis.

I think iv narrowed it down too the:

1. Salomon Lord

2. Line Blend

3. K2 Kung Kajas

Does anyone have any experience with these skis or can help me make my decision. I was swaying toward the Lords but now i believe i may be turning to the Blends.
Any advice much appreciated.

Cheers

James
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Out of interest (and I've been looking at similar skis), why have you discounted the Fischer Watea 84's ? They've won best all mountain ski in Fall-Line for the past two years. I demo'd them at Hemel yesterday and they were lovely, fun and lively skis. They needed to be worked due to the extra waist but responded appropriately. I also happened to test the Tornado Ti's which I'll actually now be going for as they were just bloody lovely and if I'm a realist I'm a 70/30 piste/off-piste skier so they will be a better single quiver ski for me.

Si
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
fishslice, the Watea is different kind of ski from those listed by the OP. The Watea has a traditional camber for one, and the ones listed all have one form of rocker of the other and the blend and Kung Fujas are all a fair bit wider in the waiste.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I have the Blends and really like them, very stable in landing and at speed on piste, turn well for 100s okay on piste except for really icey hard pack which is no suprise. Ski switch nicely, have taken a fair bashing but haven't suffered greatly. Personally I'd lile to have a bit less weight and maybe a bit more length for pure pow, but then they are meant for a bit of rotation aswell..(which needs plenty of practise in my case)

Can't comment on the other two, but both have fans and the lords seem to have a few detractors aswell, would like to try the kungs with schizo bindings and see if theres much weight penalty form the bindings.

You looking for park, freeride or bit of both? and maybe have a read of the hazmat review below aswell.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Bit of both but mainly freeride, going to be skiing whistler this season so lots of pow hopefully Smile
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Kung Fujas then.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I've tested the Lords and they are nice. Salomon are defo solid and will last you a lot of years if you look after them.
Have you tried Scott before? Both the Punishers and the Missions are quality skis and often overlooked because they are a little more expensive.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Had both Lords and Kung Fujas. KF with Schizo bindings are bit heavier, but overall much better quality and robustness than the Lords. KF slightly wider/longer rocker and better in deep powder. Both similar flex, but KF hold their edge better especially on ice. KFs slightly less stable at high speed. KFs got cooler graphics especially 2010s. Verdict: KFs.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Well i just bought a set of the K2 Kung Fujas 179. Very happy just need to wait and ski them now!
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
jcourt, I am assuming you've bought the latest model? When will you be testing them out? I would be interested in feedback as I'm considering the Fujas, Blend and Bridge.

papasmurf, Are your blends the latest model or older?
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Wont be getting chance to test them out until january but i will post my feedback when i do.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy