Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

inserts

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I have been looking at skis recently,..who hasnt... and have seen these inserts on skis.
Question is what are they ? Can you mount and remount bindings without redrilling ? Can you mount alpine then take them off and mount an AT binding or even a tele binding ? Can you put smaller bindings on ? Can you put these inserts onto any ski rather than drilling for just one set, or are they still only factory available on certain skis ? If so these sound a very good idea indeed and would cut down on getting a tele ski or touring ski on top of what I have got..
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
http://www.snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=65884
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
thanks arno rolling eyes
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
www.quiverkiller.com
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks Arno. This has made my day ! I have been umming and ahhing which way to go and checking the bank for funds for ages now, and with this info I can take the plunge without buying two sets of skiis, and retain my ol faves as well ! Just one question... how many times can you drill skis before they lose their integrity ? I have k2 seths and I think theyve been drilled twice now, so I would like to put inserts into the existing binding holes and then drill for a tele..
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Back in history I would quite happily re-drill a pair of skis three or four times. And I never had a problem. Could be I was lucky, or maybe it isn't really the problem you think it could be.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
That is the other question I suppose.... do your skis lose their integrity when drilled two or three times ? I would have thought there must be a point when they do..
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
limegreen, I'm the UK distributor & you'll find more info here:
http://www.jonsskituning.co.uk/component/page,shop.browse/category_id,46/option,com_virtuemart/Itemid,1/index.php?page=shop.browse&category_id=46&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=1&vmcchk=1

It's perfectly possible to mix an alpine & touring mount on the same ski but every case will be different depending on the mounting hole locations on the bindings to be used & the users boot sole length etc.

The general rule re number of mounts is 'three strikes & you're out', ie up to 3 sets of mounting holes are ok. Adjacent holes should have 10mm clearance between them. The inserts are machined from stainless steel & incredibly strong (they're damned difficult to crush in a large vice) so I see no reason why two insert mounts on the same ski with the right seperation wouldn't hold up just fine. However, if you're hucking cliffs or stoming big landings in the park I'd stick with a single mount.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy