Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Are ski prices a rip-off in resort?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
As I want new skis this season, I want to demo some first and I was thinking of buying in resort (La Plagne) if I can find some I like.

Are prices likely to be massively more expensive than the UK? Or are they on a par? Any chance of getting deals out of ski shops?

I have a list of skis I really want to try!

* K2 Lotta Luv
* Blizzard Viva 8.1 (not sure I'll be able to find them though)
* Dynastar Exclusive Paradise
* Nordica Conquer
* Rossignol Attraxion 8
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
In my recent experience the £/Euro exchange rate means that there are far better deals to be had on ski gear in the UK than in "full MRSP" resort shops in Europe. I even saw some used ex-demo stuff in Chamonix at the end of the season that was above the price you could buy new (end of season discounted) in the UK.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Picadilly, do you mean you want new "this season" skis? or new skis you happen to buy this season? Shops in resorts will probably only have shiny new latest models and as fatbob says, they tend to be pricey. I think there are some places you can demo in this country - in the fridges?

I have Attraxion 6 and Dynastar Exclusive Fluid (one bought second hand, a couple of years old, the other in a special bargain sale. You can save a heap of money if you get some slightly older models (and in some - not all - cases the only thing that changes from year to year is the graphics).
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
pam w, you've got a quiver! Respect!
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hurtle, I also have a pair of Line Celebrity skis, for those powder days. wink
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
pam w, gosh, that is impressive. Luckily, the fact that I often travel by air puts me off lugging too much around with me. As it is, my expenditure on skiing has increased about five-fold since I discovered snowHeads, so it really wouldn't do for me to start entertaining thoughts of a quiver!
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Picadilly, depends- go in the last week of April and you will get great bargins.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Hurtle wrote:
pam w, gosh, that is impressive. Luckily, the fact that I often travel by air puts me off lugging too much around with me.

yeah but pam w has the advantage of (a) not having to lug them to from the alps every week and (b) having more than one week at a time to go skiing, so a quiver is definitely a bonus..
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
bertie bassett, indeed, I appreciate that.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
pam w, I'm after this season new.

Yes I could demo in the fridges but I want to try them in a range of conditions.

Ah well, I will go and see. If they're too expensive I won't get them there.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy