Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

December Alps Conditions

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello,
I plan on skiing in the Alps from this December 17th-29th. Where can the best snow conditions be found during this time period? Unfortunately the dates are not flexible. Any suggestions are appreciated,
Jackson
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
somewhere high - 2Alpes, Tignes, Zermatt? There's not much base on the lower slopes yet.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
minasianj, Tignes/ Val D'Isere. The Espace Killy is a fantastic ski area and its altitude means that it's almost snowsure. Huge investment in snow making equipment plus glaciers above both villages means there will always be somewhere to ski.

By the way the skiing in your home location isn't too shabby either but the combined European areas are much larger. (Espace Killy, 3 Valleys etc)

We're hoping conditions are OK because we're out there for Christmas Madeye-Smiley Good Luck.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
minasianj, conditions are shaping up well for a good start to the European season. Already a good snowline above 1,300m or so. The coming weather over the next week or so should see it drop down significantly to below 1,000m. GeorgeVII, is right - Tignes/VDI will be good in a week or so and very safe for when you are over. I myself will be there between 12th and 19th. If you are looking for reassurance, just look at these various webcams:
Italy Dolomites - http://www.dolomitisuperski.com/altabadia/en-US/webcam-alta-badia-1832EN.html
France Grand Massif - http://www.grand-massif.com/hiver/webcams.php
France La Tania - http://www.latania.co.uk/
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
We are in Les Arc 1800 for this period. We go every year and always loads of snow down to at least 1300m
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
minasianj, not forgetting orientation as well. North-facing resorts like La Praz (Courchevel 1350) and Morillon Les Esserts (at 1100) are pretty good bets as the north facing orientation gives them great snow retention. I don't know what the 'north-facing gain' is but you've only got to look at two different sides of an east-west valley to see the difference in the snow line. Les Arcs, which surfstar, mentions, has got some good north-facing as well as north-east and west orientation. I think the bottom line is that you stand a good chance of getting good snow conditions in Europe this December and that your final choice might rest non-snow factors - eg whether you want nightlife, lively apres ski or not. If you want the latter, then I'd say that Switzerland and Austria tends to be better than France with Zermatt, in particular, being a top choice.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy