Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Well, I'm converted from skiing ..........

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
.................................................with glasses !

Had my new daily contacts in today for the first time for a full day while out shooting. I know, I know, it wasn't on a piste, but the transformation - a clear view, peripheral vision back, no misting up in the rain, whoopee !!!! I even hit some birds.

I really look forward to getting on to the snow now.

Only problem - it is still taking me 6 goes to get the d***n things in ! No doubt that will improve with time and a bit of practice. But I can't yet fully believe the difference.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
deerman, it really is like a whole new world isnt it. And yes, it does get a lot easier.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
deerman, I love wearing mine (I had problems 20 years back before they perfected the thin ones and I am not allowed to use them on a daily basis). It's like having new eyes isn't it? Just wait until you use them for skiing, you will be able to use ordinary goggles and ordinary sunglasses. Yes, they get much easier to get in - you will soon be doing them with one hand. How did you get on taking them out? Again that is something you will end up doing with one hand and you will soon be able to dispense with a mirror for both operations. My one recommendation is that you remove them prior to getting that drunk that you lose hand-eye coordination - beyond that point taking them out gets more entertaining. Oh, yes, and you will on more than occasion forget to take them out at night and wake the next morning feeling and looking like you've gone 10 rounds with David Haye.

Enjoy life with your new eyes, I am soooo envious. I am allowed mine for skiing (and for things like parties and swimming), but have to take them out as soon as I am off the slopes for the day though Happy
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
deerman, Contacts changed my sporting life completely. Got originally for waterskiing a couple of years ago. Taken until lately to confidentally insert without a mirror, never had a problem taking them out. Getting in with a mirror took several months.
Have left in overnight many times, I tend to leave in for an hour or so after getting up if I do, seem easier to get out.

As Megamum says, Enjoy life with your new eyes!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
deerman, Talking 6 times to get them in is nothing! When I first got my contacts after wearing glasses for almost thirty years, it could easily take me half an hour. Even now, 10 years later, it can still take a few tries to get them to stay in - but I only were them for swimming, cycling and skiing, not everyday.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
deerman, I use hard gas permeable lenses for general day to day stuff but use daily softs for sports. It's that little push the eyeball back and pinch technique that takes a bit of practice. Oh... and don't do what I did. Spend five minutes when really, really drunk trying to pinch the lense out.. only to realise that the damn thing had come out first time and I'd been squeezing my eye repeatedly Embarassed

Last edited by You'll need to Register first of course. on Sun 21-11-10 1:13; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Scarpa wrote:
deerman, and don't do what I did. Spend five minutes when really' really drunk trying to pinch the lense out.. only to realise that the damn thing had come out first time and I'd been squeezing my eye repeatedly Embarassed
Don't remind me.... makes me shudder. When in doubt, now they stay in.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Scarpa, Laughing Laughing Laughing
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy