Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Stormriders for son - Christmas present ?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I promised my son that I'd buy him skis for Christmas. He is a confident, strong, fit skier - likes speed on any piste and has started doing more off piste. Every time he's been skiing, he's hired skis but he can never remember what he's hired. He makes do with whatever he's given. Last year he came with us to Lech and he hired Nordicas and he liked these. Nordica have 2 new models out this year that have good reviews. Anyone tried them? I was also thinking that he might like Stöckli Stormriders ? Any opinions / suggestions? He's about 12st, 5'11".
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
erica2004, Could you take him to a ski test before you have to buy?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
erica2004, I've had a pair of Stormriders for the past few years, exceptional skis, fantastic edge grip on hardpack, but you can take them into the soft stuff too, you need to be pretty aggressive on then for them to give their best, they don't have any speed limits.
I've replaced mine with a set of HEAD Supershape Titan which I think are even better. Very Happy
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
erica2004, i have a pair of last season Stormrider vxl's and i think the only thing that has changed is the top sheet. They are more piste than off piste orientated, but they are brilliant ski's. If he is wanting to do more off-piste i'd think about the new pro's which are a bit wider.

You can get them on the net or contact incline sports http://www.inclinesports.co.uk/

I'd also consider buying them flat as they are (were last year) shipping them with salomon bindings. I went for some vist bindings from spyderjon.

If you want to test them first consider a weekend ski test in engelberg. We've done one and stayed at the Ski Lodge Engelberg which is an excellent place and they are great hosts. http://www.engelberg.ch/?lang=en#site$en/pack/$
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks! I have the Rotors and they suit me really well. I'll give 'incline' a call.
Megamum, The first opportunity to test would be in Selva at the end of Jan but last year I didn't see much in the way of choice there.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy