Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

New ladies skis - what to try

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
My skis were lost by the airline last year, and I'm just getting round to replacing them. They were K2 07/08 one luvs, which I'm quite tempted to get again, or possibly the burnin' luvs. I was just wondering if anyone had any suggestions of some others to try? I am primarily a piste skiier (95% of the time), and am quite happy on any colour of run, so fall into the vast intermediate category!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Look in the Dynastar range. There are several on this forum that ski the Exclusive Legend and I've also skied the Exclusive Elite which was a great piste ski. Alternatively, Völkl do a great womens' range too.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
ruthie_roo, Other half absolutely loves her Dynastar Exclusive Legends. She was previously on K2's also. Loved them as great confidence building skis.

She wanted something to progress with and the Dynastars definitely hit the spot.

Best advice has to be "try before you buy". O/H demo'd Volkl & Dynastars in Tignes last winter but we bought in the UK. (much cheaper)

Good luck with your choice.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
ruthie_roo,
Quote:

absolutely loves her Dynastar Exclusive Legends
Me too, and I also fall into the 'vast intermediate category.'
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
ruthie_roo, Don't know what length skis you're after but there are some K2s on Ebay ending tonight. True Luvs in a 153.

item no 200543581785. Might be worth a look.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Mrs Monium wouldn't trade her Burnin Luvs for anything. Honestly. She's tried various others at the ski demo days, including other K2s, and wouldn't trade. Even for very very expensive and theoretically perfect skis for her. She just loves the Luv. Ideal for 95% piste skier.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
im not a great fan of the k2s, but guess its personal choice really. At the EB test yesterday i demoed the Atomic Cloud 9 ad likedf them, but have to admit i havent much to compare it against as generally go for a wider more all-mountain type ski. It was nippy monouevrable fairly light and playful . Id try to burnin luvs first before committing, they are pretty unforgiving if you are a relaxed or lightwieght or a slower skier.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thanks everyone, I'm going to give the Dynastars and the atomic clouds a try next week. I tried some one and burnin' luvs at the weekend and they felt very different to my trusty old skis, so I don't think either were quite right. Fingers crossed I can find some I like before my first trip in January!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy