Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Right, I'm off...

Poster: A snowHead
I fly to Geneva tomorrow morning and then I'm off to Courchevel to start my first ski season. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

In Courchevel all of next week so if any Snowheads are about, feel free to hit me up for a drink! After that I'm then on to either Meribel or Val d'Isere, or remaining in Courchevel, so who knows!

Internet access will be intermittent but I'll keep you posted on how it's going - take care of yourselves. Very Happy Cool
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Good luck for the season! snowHead
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Have a great time.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Astraeus, Have a fab time and ENJOY you lucky bug Very Happy All joking aside, you deserve it after all your efforts, I hope it's the winter of a lifetime for you. snowHead
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Astraeus, Have fun.............we are not envious.................

Was that convincing? wink
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Astraeus, have a great time! snowHead snowHead snowHead
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Astraeus, so jealous! Have a fantastic time.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Astraeus, bon chance Very Happy
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Astraeus wrote:
Internet access will be intermittent but I'll keep you posted on how it's going - take care of yourselves. Very Happy Cool

Looking forward to reading your updates Very Happy

Have a wonderful season snowHead
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Enjoy, have a great season Very Happy
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Git Evil or Very Mad

No seriously - have a great time, I'm v. jealous Twisted Evil
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Astraeus, 12 pages is the record for a season thread - http://www.snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=33012&highlight=hello+val+thorens

Beat my rather puny 7 pages for sure - http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=46330&start=253

have a great time and make the most of your season whatever opportunities come your way.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Yawn
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Astraeus, have a great, great time!

Bode Swiller, don't be such a grumpy old sod!
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Hurtle wrote:
Bode Swiller, don't be such a grumpy old sod!
Well, I just can't wait for the official blog... Today I drove to Geneva and back. It snowed. Might get blotto tonight. Oh no, I can't, I'm driving to Geneva and back in the morning.
ski holidays
Bode Swiller, I have to confess that I found that blog from Val Thorens mind-numbingly boring.
ski holidays
good luck !!

why on earth do people read threads/blog that are boring and then even bother to comment that they are boring - don't be a bore and just ignore them Puzzled it is not compulsory read them wink
ski holidays
Astraeus, bon chance!
snow report
rayscoops, perhaps you are accustomed to comment on something written without reading it - I'm not.
snow report
rayscoops wrote:
why on earth do people read threads/blog that are boring and then even bother to comment that they are boring - don't be a bore and just ignore them Puzzled it is not compulsory read them wink
because I get paid £20 a post that's why.
ski holidays
Hurtle wrote:
Bode Swiller, I have to confess that I found that blog from Val Thorens mind-numbingly boring.

I enjoyed it - it helps if you know the person.
ski holidays
Also enjoyed the VT blog.
ski holidays
Astraeus, Have a great time Very Happy
latest report
have a good time and keep the updates coming from Courchevel or where-ever you end up!
snow report
Hurtle wrote:
rayscoops, perhaps you are accustomed to comment on something written without reading it - I'm not.

Well you do not need to be a weather man to know which way the wind is blowing ! But why the need to comment that it was mind-numbingly boring ? I found that quite rude to be honest
snow conditions
rayscoops,

+1
ski holidays
rayscoops, since the poster has disappeared without trace, I think I'll live with it. Incidentally, I have absolutely no interest in modelling my behaviour on yours.
ski holidays
Hurtle, If you consider a two page thread on opera/bottle washing/the archers/rugby etc as mind-numbingly boring then fine and say so - horses for courses and all that. The guy in question however posted for an entire season not only about what he was doing but provided fantastic weather reports, info on accommodation (he even put a few snowHeads up at his place), transport, where to go, what to do etc and was general 'point man' for any snowHead heading to VT and met many from the bus arriving at the resort; if you consider that as mind-numbingly boring great but such people are the life blood of snowHeads and they rarely get any recognition for the superb effort that they make. Without the likes of Johnyboy (or whatever he was called and irrespective of whether he still posts), Easiski and many others etc then quite a few snowHeads might not have visited the resorts they report from and might not have had such a good holiday. On that basis I feel it is a bit disingenuous to voice such opinions even though you may be bored by the content of such reports - I find many topics boring but refrain from voicing such opinion because it serves no purpose and it is simply not worth it.

This is not just my behaviour but the behaviour of most on here, but it seems perhaps you have a different view on this, which is a shame really
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
rayscoops, nice post! Well said snowHead
snow conditions
Astraeus, I refuse to contain my jealousy. Enjoy every moment of it. Post photos.

Re the above: I'd favour more trip reports and more photos. Not only are they more interesting than interminable kit or technique discussions, they're integral to the life of the forum out in the real world - for knowing what the snow is doing and for meeting and skiing with other forum members. Check out the Verbier threads from last season for a view of how that all worked. If the price of that is the occasional "dear diary" thread then, frankly, I'm fine with that.
snow report
I wonder where johnboy went to? Hope he's OK.

A blog about working as a transfer driver could actually be exceptionally entertaining. But probably not without risking legal action. wink It's also interesting seeing the process of how people settle in for a season, and change over the duration.
snow conditions
The photo blog that german guy posted from Val Thorens for a couple of seasons was excellent especially if you went into his Flickr site which had many more.
snow report
pam w, it was johnnyboy and we established that he was ok but he never came back
snow report
pam w, do you mean Johnnyboy? He stopped posting rather suddenly, so I guess the second season in Les Menuires wasn't a roaring success . I think he turned up at the EOSB in 2009 for a day or two.
snow conditions
Well done Astraeus! Hope you have a great time.

I, too, wondered what happened to Johnnyboy. I skied with him in VT when we were on holiday there. If he hadn't written the blog, I wouldn't have felt that he was a nice enough guy to get in touch with and meet up for a day out.
snow conditions
Just a quick check-in from Meribel. Have had a good training week in La Praz and find out tomorrow where we're heading for the season. Got my fingers majorly crossed for Meribel - absolutely love it here!

Stuck for food though - we're pining for a pizza or similar but nothing seems open! Any calls for somewhere near Meribel would be most welcome!

Decent amount of snow here, about 15cm over the last couple of days at 1650. Few boarders went up to Courchevel Altiport and good powder but scratched boards and very slow progress down the hill.
snow report
halfhand wrote:
Git Evil or Very Mad

No seriously - have a great time, I'm v. jealous Twisted Evil

Took the words right out of my mouth! Have a great time and keep us up to date with how your season goes!
ski holidays
Ha Ha! Payback time...

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=69546

enjoy xxx
ski holidays
Lifts open on Saturday and we're set for a massive dump tonight. The roads are already well coated and huge dumps in Lyon, Annecy and places in between. Colleagues have been stuck behind a plough en route to Annecy for over an hour this evening. Meribel is now seeing a good session of snow which will make the drive back to Courchevel a bit 'interesting'.

First ski lesson is due up next Friday - can't wait. At the minute it's a case of working all day and drinking all night! Move into my Meribel apartment tomorrow morning up in Morel.
ski holidays
Astraeus, good luck for the season! You gunna keep your flickr account updated while you're out there?
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy