Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Scarpa TX Pro NTN - Anywhere in London/SE?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm thinking of taking the plunge into trading out of my comfy 75mm Scarpa T1s into a hopefully equally comfortable but higher performing TX Pro.

But the boots have to be right given the price of trading out.

Does anyone know where in London or the SE I can try some on before I consider taking the plunge? I've looked around and have found Braemer and Telemark Pyrenees to be a little of the map for me.

Any ideas?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
No idea about buying them in the UK but if they fit you you'll be stoked for sure. I spent half a day skiing them in March. Wicked good fun. Super powerful, you could drive huge skis with this set up. Good luck and enjoy!
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Did you find anywhere?
I tried them in austria and have now taken the plunge, got them a couple of days ago from Sportpete, St Anton Austria
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
OK, not in the SE but looks like Backcountry UK (Formerly "Basecamp Ilkely") have them too http://shop.backcountryuk.com/scarpa-terminator-x-pro-ntn-intuition---custom-fit---in-stock-6106-p.asp - these are an excellent outfit (I bought my Scarpa Denalis mailorder from them), and I'm sure would go out of their way to help: worth a call.

<edit> or go into the UK Scarpa site & put London in the stockist search page Toofy Grin http://stockists.mountainboot.co.uk/Search/Scarpa
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Bump - Snow and Rock in Covent Garden (maybe others?) are now selling NTN TX Pro's.

I have a pair which I actually bought elsewhere but had custom sole moulded by them - very helpful they were too, in fact price matching my BCA Tracker, Shovel and probe to Conrad Sport in Garmisch, so very competitive!

Bizarrely, although they stock the boots they do not stock the NTN bindings! I questioned them abot this and whilst the technician said they really do need to be getting a supply line in if they are selling the boots, he was unaware of any immediate plans to do so.

On a review note, I absolutely love my new set up (NTN Freeride/Atomic Theory) so think its fully justified to search this hard to get kit Razz
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy