Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Columbia vs North Face Jacket

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi I am looking to buy a decent jacket have found two for around the £100 mark both half price and were £200. Anyone have any experience or opinions on the two brands or like to help me choose? The NF seems more flexible as you can take off or add layers to it, but the Columbia sounds more unique tech wise as Harry Hill might say FIGHT! Alternatively is this all a load of balss and a £40 tresspass jacket will do!

THANKS

Option 1 -£120

North Face's best-selling jacket, the North Face Fusion Triclimate jacket quite simply has it all. Triclimate integrates a three-point snap-in insulated jacket to create three high performance jackets in one to meet the demands of any winter day. The 3 in 1 system delivers ultimate versatility and performance, managing to be all things to all snowsports athletes, covering a wide range of temperatures, conditions, and activity levels. With the North Face's attention to detail, quality and styling, this jacket is sure not to disappoint.

Waterproof Rating 15,000mm
Breathability Rating 15,000g/m

Features

Snap-in 100gr Insulated Jacket
Mesh lining
Fully taped seams
Elastic snow skirt with pant locks
Super soft chinguard
3D Adjustable hood
One handed draw cord at hem
Internal valuable pocket
Rotated core pit-zip vents
Fleece lined hand warmer pockets with zips
Goggle pocket
Lift pass pocket with goggle cloth
Buddy lift clip
Napoleon pocket

OPtion 2 £100

Columbia Black Ice II Jacket Compass Blue M Product Information

Black Ice™ II Jacket
Tired of the endlessly ringing phone, computer full of emails and the constant flow of reminders from your smart phone? It’s time to call in sick and head for the hills. And if you actually need an excuse to play hooky for a day, this top-of-the-line, slope-owning jacket from our Titanium collecting should definitely do the trick. more less
Revolutionary Omni-Heat® insulation joins forces with our signature waterproof-breathable technology to deliver a toasty package that will keep you bone dry in even the worst weather. Put your pass in the convenient, scannable pocket at the wrist and slide back into the chairlift to take a long, deep breath. Keys, gloves, wallet and other essentials stow easily in the zippered chest pocket and you can stash your goggles in the internal mesh compartment as you take in the view. While you’re on the exposed lift making you’re way to the top, the Omni-Heat thermal reflective lining reflects and retains your own body heat, keeping you perfectly warm as the temperature plummets. Later as you drop into your favorite chute and then muscle your way through the tree line, the lining releases body heat to keep you thermo-regulated as intensity increases. Other details include a removable powder skirt, underarm ventilation with mesh inlay to prevent snow from infiltrating your jacket, and a media pocket so you can drop in with tunes blasting. A dropped cuff protects the top of the hand and hits of pop color throughout add sporty style.

FEATURES:

* Fabric: Shell: 89% nylon/11% elastane, Lining: 100% polyester, 100% nylon taffeta, Insulation: 50% polyester, 50% recycled polyester, 80g
* Omni-Tech® waterproof/breathable fully seam sealed
* Omni-Heat thermal reflective and insulated
* Detachable, adjustable storm hood
* Underarm venting
* Interior drawcord
* Removable, snap back powder skirt
* Zip-closed pockets
* Security and mesh goggle pockets
* Media pocket
* Hidden pass pocket
* Comfort cuffs
* Center back length: 77 cm
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
which ever one fits best? I have monkey arms and in general columbia jackets were too short in the sleeve for me. So i bought a NF one. But yeah, try them on....
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I dont know if this is the correct product S+R sell the columbia jacket for £200 so if you can get for £100 sounds a bargain
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
My view.
Which ever fits best, offers sensible waterproofing, gives flexibility for layering/insulation.

My daughter view.
Go for the green one.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I am a buying online so trying on is not a option unless I find out the return policy and try both on? could do that I suppose

the Columbia seems a bit more stretchy and I can always layer up with my fleece it is black though and might be a hot once the sun comes out
however I have heard of north face but know nothing about Columbia so not sure it will last as long suppose I'm asking if anyone rates Columbia gear?
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Golf4motion, if you are buying online (as long as it's from a company and not a private seller) they have to take returns. Buy both and return the one you don't like.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Oh nice advice thanks!
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Hi, I think Columbia have improved a lot of the last couple of years, they seem to be investing in technology, I used their omni tech last winter and it was far better than any gortex i have used previously, not sure if this is of help to you but i got my columbia black ice from here after my mrs looked all over the net to get a good price (i dont have the patients)!, they do a bit of columbia ski clothing so also invested in a few tops.

http://calusa-surf-ski.co.uk/ski-snowboard-clothing-jackets--categories-1.asp

Hope this is of help
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I had a TNF Vortex Triclimate a couple of years ago, it was ace, super flexible for varying conditions. Most of my ski kit is TNF - I always find it very good quality, and long lasting even with my abuse (if you buy their upper tier kit, the lower level is glorified high street stuff).
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Personally I love that Omnitech feature (and their ads - http://www.skipedia.co.uk/wp/?p=116\) Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
There were somw good deals on TNF freethinker @ S&R the other week, about 30% off.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
That is a great ad, check out their snow angels ad - very well done
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy