Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Marker F12 tops AT binding flex tests

Poster: A snowHead
Lou has been busy in his workshop again testing the sideways flex of many AT bindings:

http://www.wildsnow.com/379/backcountry-skiing-binding-flex-tests/

As he says, take the results with some caution but it certainly points the way to performance AT bindings.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Is that good? as I have just bought a pair! with some new skis.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
it would be interesting to see how much all of those bindings flex when they're only exerted under normal skiing, rather than being mounted on skis which are clamped to a solid desk. There's no way they'll flex anything like that much under normal skiing conditions.

good test though and quite interesting.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
You reading this Matt? Wink
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
parlor, lol, I was talking longevity wise rather than performance whilst skiing! I'd be very happy to be proven wrong though!!
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
clarky999, Very Happy
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I'm considering the F12 at the moment. Indecision is taking its toll Laughing
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
scotia, found a decent price for a pair yet?
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Sideshow_Bob, nah I haven't unfortunately. Considering Dynafit but not sure. Might be looking to pass on the LPs to fund the Dynafit binge, are you wanting them back minus a little ptex and plus a bit of superglue?
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
scotia wrote:
Considering Dynafit but not sure.?

It's not a "consideration", it's a choice as to cost. Dynafit > F12s.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
For comparison:

Dynafit Vertical FT: 369.00€ / 1120g / 20 flex
G3 Onyx: 379.00€ / 1772g / 21 flex
Marker F12: 285.00€ / 2036g / 18 flex
Fritschi Freeride Plus: 269.00€ / 2044g / 26 flex

Prices from Telemark Pyrenees.
All weights are for pair including brakes (not sure about screws).
Lateral flex in Wildsnow Flex Units - see below.

http://www.telemark-pyrenees.com/en/
http://www.wildsnow.com/3822/tech-binding-summary-chart/
http://www.wildsnow.com/379/backcountry-skiing-binding-flex-tests/
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
parlor, the cost isn't much of an issue with retail roughly £270 for F12s and £330 for Vertical STs with brakes. I'm starting to think of thinning the quiver down to a powder ski and an everything else ski with the touring bindings of choice being on the everything else ski.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
scotia, how about the boots?

It comes down to this: the Dynafits offer no elasticity in the interface. You're pretty much in or out. Which is fine but it does take a little getting used to, more than anything the feedback from the ski can be tiring if you are skiing very hard surfaces mile after mile, but most tech boots are a little softer than alpine boots and compensate for this, tbh, most users don't even notice the difference. The only other difference is release values / consistency, the F12s are obviously are similar to alpine bindings in that way (haha, don't forget they are markers Wink ), I have never had an issue (staying in or coming out) of my Dynafits and I've put quite a few days on them now. The Dynafits have a lower stack height and are far superior (still) for the up.

I like your idea but it would be Dukes on the powder ski and dynafits on the other rig for me...
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
parlor, good boots with both Dynafit and standard alpine compatibility.

Just unsure that Dynafit will stand up to day-to-day resort skiing, tis all.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
scotia, depends how you ski. My (non-biological) dad has done 3 x 100(+) day seasons on his STs now. He skis hard, very rarely on a piste for other than transport (Verbier), only 20% of the time is touring, no hucking but he'll take mandatories in the 4' region.

Sounds like the F12 will work for perfectly for you, as an everyday binding.
latest report
I think the real answer is that I need both eventually. F12s for the time being me thinks.
snow report
Noticed the F12 failure thread on TGR, looks interesting.

Still not pulled the trigger, mostly due to ski indecision although now tending towards Dynafit. Just need to sack up and make the decision Laughing
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy