Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Vaujany - Beginners Lift Pass

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello

We are looking at going to Vaujany in January with some of the group complete beginners. We have noticed that there is a beginners pass for €9 a day but I was wondering if anyone know what lifts / pistes etc are available to holders of the beginners lift pass in the Vaujany area. Thanks for your help.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Though I have not been based at Vaujany, I have skied around the area a few years ago. My guess is that beginners would take the lift up to the main ADH area, and ski there.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
it will probably just cover the Vaujany-Villette gondola and one of the Montfrais drags

until you are happy on a red run, you would need to take at least 3 longish lift rides and walk a few 100m to get over to ADH itself
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Been looking at the same thing for some friends - as I understand it, its as Arno has said, gives you access to the beginner area on Montfrais. I'm still trying to find out though whether there is some caveat that you have to be in lessons or something as well.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Pretty sure that will only get you up to Montfrais and onto the magic carpet & drag but no more, very limited as Vaujaniette back down to the mid station is too tricky for beginners.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Hi there darbyrw

I worked for a British tour operator in Vaujany for 5 seasons, two of which I was in charge of selling lift passes. I can confirm what Nick D says is correct - you get up the Vaujany-La Villette bubble from the main lift station and then onto the magic carpet at the top. The 'Vaujaniate run' (blue) is indeed a little tricky for complete beginners, so you are a little limited. Not so sure about Arno's '3 long lifts though'.The bubble up is obviously covered and although there is a mid station you don't get out. Total ride time max 12 minutes, then you are on the carpet.

Here is a link to a map which shows what you can access - click the map and look for the 'black balls' on the lifts coming out of Vaujany:

http://www.sataski.com/fr-hiver/nos-plans/plan-oz-vaujany/

Hope this helps!
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
should have been clearer - the beginners lift pass will certainly not get you from Vaujany to ADH
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Sorry Arno - did I not make that clear? That was not my intention.

No you are right, it certainly will not get you all the way to ADH. What most of our beginner clients did was buy a Local Oz/Vaujany pass, which DOES get you to Alpe d'Huez and down the beginner slopes there, plus obviously all of Vaujany, Montfrais and Oz. If they then progress during the week, it is cheap and easy to upgrade to a Full Area Pass.

The last time I checked the Local Passes were around €140 for six days. Sadly a little more than €9!

Sorry for the confusion.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
All - thanks v much for your respones Very Happy
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Tom-Ski, haha - i think we are confusing eachother! wink
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy