Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Summit County, Colorado USA '10-11

Poster: A snowHead
4-8" (10 to 20 cm) reported at most of the resorts Monday morning on top of what fell over the weekend with more snow throughout the day- Very nice storm pattern for Colorado and some great skiing with new terrain opened all over the place with deep natural snow (for at least the first run). I was at Copper today, but friends said the same thing about A-Basin, Loveland and Keystone with Steamboat (not yet opened) and Breck getting hit by the storm the hardest. Many of the racers threw in the towel and hit the powder instead. Much better early season conditions than last year!

I'll try to post up here from time to time, but you can also check http://blog.skilodgingrental.com/
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
More snow falling and driveway covered this morning when I woke up (with the help of some wind)! Hard to say how much is new and how much blew in, but most resorts reporting 6-8" this morning and 2-3 feet for the week!
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Another nice day at Copper with 14" in last 24 hours, but they didn't open any new terrain for budget reasons, not lack of snow. Plan is to open American Flier this weekend and the Super Bee lift next weekend (Thanksgiving).

Breck reported 20" in 24 hours and 47" (about 120 cm) this week. They have 22% of their terrain open. Vail opens Friday with 7 lifts and 550+ acres on the front side. Looks like it will be bluebird until Saturday or Sunday with another 4-5 storm days predicted next week.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Snowed some over the Thanksgiving holidays while I was away and another couple of inches last night and today. Vail & Beaver Creek reported 5" this morning with Steamboat getting 11". A friend their reported conditions were great. Copper was empty today with cold temps. Overall, conditions are much better than this time last year with substantially more terrain open at all of the I-70 and Northern Colorado resorts.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
We are in the middle of a 6 day storm cycle that is bringing lots of snow to Colorado, the Sierras and elsewhere. Temps have been on the warmish side (around freezing) and there has been some wind (which shut down some of the Sierra resorts), but conditions are great right now! Here is a link to a Breck TR I wrote recently http://blog.skilodgingrental.com/2010/12/18/breckenridge-dec-16--17-2010.aspx
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
The year has been great so far and conditions are very good at all resorts now. This week, Breck had 26" (~65 cm) on Monday-Tuesday and has gotten about 5' (over 1.5 M) for the week. I skied , Vail Sunday & Thursday and Keystone Monday & Friday and Copper Tuesday- the weekend was decent and the last 3 days were great although there was definitely some wind (especially Monday and Friday).

Today's storm appears to be tapering off and light snow mixed with some sun is predicted through mid-week. Conditions should remain good although the in resort powder will start to get skied off.

Here are some photos a friend took that include the bluebird day we had at Vail Thursday...http://www.flickr.com/photos/fuzzsummit/sets/72157625148529215/
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Haven't had snow for a few days, now, but it looks like we'll get another set starting tonight.

I was at Copper on Friday, and the snow was nicely tilled on the groomed and sugary on the ungroomed up top. The fresh will be quite welcome, for sure, and we've had a pretty epic season so far (229" so far when the average annual snowfall is 280") with March as our snowiest month.

If you're comin', be sure to let me know!
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Snowing all the way down to Boulder today. Winter Weather Advisory through tomorrow morning. VERY cold (high of -1F/-18C expected tomorrow at Copper!). I'll report back after skiing/teaching/guiding tomorrow and Wednesday.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Flippin' freezing at the mountain today (-19F in the tunnel, -8F in the parking lot at 7:30 this morning), but supposed to be even colder tomorrow. Unbelievable!

Snow was crunchy for walking and sticky for skiing, too... I can't even imagine what it will be like tomorrow. I'll try to remember to SMS when I get there. Frankly, I'm hoping no one is planning on skiing in a group with me tomorrow!
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Colder this morning! -22F in the parking lot at 7:30am (that's -30C)... The snow was really squeaky and I'm sure slower even than yesterday. I felt grateful that, although assigned a group, none of the group members showed up! I was on my way home by 9:30.

It's going to warm a bit and start snowing again, so it'd gonna get good!
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Warmed up today (~ 20 F) but was still cold in the morning...I earned some turns with a friend near Frisco this afternoon and got some nice powder on the NE aspects in the trees but the SE had a layer of crust that made things challenging. Looks like it is snowing lightly now with more expected over the weekend into Monday am.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Snowing everywhere today... Powder this week!
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
All resorts reporting 1-2+ feet the last 48 hours...for specifics and season to date totals go to http://blog.skilodgingrental.com/2011/02/06/colorado-snow-totals--season-to-date.aspx
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
dumping at the moment- morning reports should be double digits!
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Wonderful powder day at Copper today... skied the Tucker cat for a couple of runs with my guests, plus laps on Granite Chief and a couple more on the front side (Southern Star, then laps on Sierra). Nice day, great snow, tomorrow should be lovely, too...!
snow report
Another nice day at Copper, but it started cold, again (-18F in the parking lot at 7:30am). The cold night pulled the moisture out of the snow, so we were finding great powder and crud all day. Snow's great... let me know if you're heading to Summit County!
ski holidays
Here's a shot to show you what it's like right now... in the foreground, today's snow... in the background, our tracks on Nacho from yesterday...

latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy