Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

recommendation for a good Ski servicing/ski technician in yorkshire

Poster: A snowHead
I am looking for a ski technician or ski service centre in the West Yorkshire/North Yorkshire area, ideally close to Wetherby, Leeds, York, Harrogate. Not too keen to go with the "chain" retail shops, typically found at cas-vegas, as would prefer someone with knowledge and options of different wax and edge solutions for different skis/skiing types (ideally hand finished). I have 1 pair of supershape magnums needing light attention and a pair of icelantic shamans again with no major work to be carried out, but given the useage of the 2 pairs (often dictated by the conditions) I do not feel a "1 size fits all approach" is what I want!
Any suggestions or recommendations would be great if based on personal experience rather than a tinter-web search.

cheers
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
ron maycock, http://www.skituning.co.uk
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
http://www.jonsskituning.co.uk/

well worth crossing the county boundary for and you would also enjoy his tuning course Very Happy Very Happy

I have done Jons tuning course, bought stuff from Jon and asked his advice...can reccomend very highly indeed.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Have seen the web site previously - looks good but Ideally could do with something a tad closer as they are 1:30/2hrs away. Anyone used any of the West/North Yorkshire ones?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
ron maycock, book yourself in for one of Jon's tuning courses and then the best tuner in your area will be you, its a worthwhile course. and its all hand tuning so your skis will not get butchered by an electric grinder.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
ron maycock, Many of us have gone further than that for a teach-in with Jon wink Why trust your precious skis to anyone else other than yourself and Jon?
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
good advice will look at his options
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
ron maycock wrote:
I am looking for a ski technician or ski service centre in the West Yorkshire/North Yorkshire area, ideally close to Wetherby, Leeds, York, Harrogate. Not too keen to go with the "chain" retail shops, typically found at cas-vegas, as would prefer someone with knowledge and options of different wax and edge solutions for different skis/skiing types (ideally hand finished). I have 1 pair of supershape magnums needing light attention and a pair of icelantic shamans again with no major work to be carried out, but given the useage of the 2 pairs (often dictated by the conditions) I do not feel a "1 size fits all approach" is what I want!
Any suggestions or recommendations would be great if based on personal experience rather than a tinter-web search.

cheers

Hi, there's a small cottage type ski technician in the crossgates area of Leeds. You can contact him on 07867514689 ( Tony)....
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I was also wondering where to go so think i will give this guy a call thanks @Dabber, @kevindonkleywood,
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@ron maycock, go to Glide and Slide in Otley. Simples ..... www.glideslide.co.uk 01943 461136

snowHead
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Hi @Tigger333,

Have you used the ski technician in Crossgates?
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
They have some decent ski techs at Christian Xavier in Harrogate & Christian himself is very knowledgeable about waxes etc. They did a good job of prepping my brand new iRebels a few weeks ago.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@ron maycock, I take mine to backcountryuk.com in Ilkley as it's close, but I've also heard good things about Glide 'n' Slide.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Hi. Yes we, that's all my skiing mates use Tony. He uses the best waxes and listens to what you want, it's the personal touch that does it for me. All work is hand worked..you can contact him at tony@alpineskiservicing.co.uk or 07867514689.
Tell him I sent you...
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Hi Tigger333

Sorry for the slow response, work gets in the way of everything.

Thanks for the information. I will drop him a line.
snow report
Glide and Slide, Otley.
ski holidays
Another vote for Glide and Slide.

Took my broken bindings to the Ellis Brigham at snowzone, Castleford & got some long winded story about how they couldn't be fixed.

Glide & Slide are in the process of sorting.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy