Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Which Snow Dome?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm looking to take a visit to a snow dome next Thursday with my girlfriend. Which UK snow dome is the best? I'm willing to travel and stay over night.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Cairngorm?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Go to Hemel and stay in London Smile
Go as early in the morning as you can, later you will be fighting with bumps and moguls.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Nick-o, from Cardif i would choose Manchester, stay at the premier inn 2 mins round the corner (marchester Trafford centre west). The facility has a longer slope and is bigger than Hemmel but I would say that from my last visit that Hemmel wins marginally on quality of the snow and friendliness of the staff, however its possibly going to cost you more to do the trip with the london pricing on the hotels. Also that picture posted in another thread about hemmel today does not look good with the slope being split with barriers.

All the snow domes will be very busy at this time of year and Tom W, is right try and get there as early as possible to beat the rush. not the best time to have your first experience in a fridge, you dont say what level you and your GF are, if she is a beginner then she will be fine but if you are looking to throw down down some sweet arcs on an empty slope you may be dissapointed.

Price wise Manchester have some excellent multi hour deals on at the moment and if you ask at the desk they will often give you a deal if you are booking a lot of slope time at once (possibly not a good time for that at the moment though)

Do not even think about going to the Xscape incarnations at Castleford or Milton Keynes unless you are desperate and like having a slightly suicidal feeling when your there, their 'snow' is just poo.

I am a bit of a 'fridge magnet' myself and after next week I will have done all but braehead (Glasgow) as well as a number of dry slopes around the country and was thinking of starting a rating thread based on things like snow quality, slope supervision, quality of uplift etc if anyone would be interested.

Edit: Its about 40 miles further to manchester but if you account for the roads and traffic I think the two are about 3 1/2hrs drive from you

Edit: http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=69025 l ooks like your better at manchester at the moment.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Really, no snow dome is worth staying overnight for. They are all much the same in terms of vert and length just go to the nearest one, all will be a sh!tshow at this time of year
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Nick-o, I would agree that no fridge in the uk is worth an overnight trip for. However, if you wanted to make a bit more of an effort, this place in Llangraaf is remarkable!!....

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=66967&highlight=

or, Tamworth snow dome have a 3hr masterclass deal on wednesday nights that might suit, depending on your abilities....think its £36 each.

We are going up from Bristol this Wednesday
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
http://snowworld.com/213/Arrangementen

Current specials:

82.50 for overnight incl. 4 hours piste entrance (equipment not included), breakfast buffet

99 for the same as above + fondu (cheese, meat or fish)
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Oh and 5 euros to upgrade to 8 hours piste entrance.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
It only cost me £200 (inc flight, transfer, HB, lift pass) for 3 days skiing in Tignes a couple of weeks ago. I know how I'd rather spend my money.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Colin B, this was really cheap. How did you get this?
Seems like to DIY it , it won't be possible or even close.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Tom W, Mountainsun Ski and Board Camp.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Colin B, Thanks. It does look great. I have to try them next autumn.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy