Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

November skiing?

Poster: A snowHead
Would appreciate some advice please - I have just been put on gardening leave so am free for the next few weeks Smile

Where might there be any skiing? Probably looking at some time in the next 3 weeks. Happy to get off the beaten track if that is best wink

Advice on how/what/who with etc to book would be appreciated also

Thanks in advance

Rich
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
rich1, try http://www.mountainsunltd.com/ in Tignes.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Scotland

USA
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
rich1,
Great conditions here in Tignes & lots of good deals at this time of year
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks for those - yes, I was considering Tignes - is it just luck of the draw re snow or will there definitely at least be some skiing?
Where's the best area to stay?

Stewart - when you say good deals do you mean with flights or accommodation? Is it best to book directly for accommodation or are there any packages going. Just me going, by the way

Thanks
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
rich1, if there's no snow in Tignes it will mean the whole of the Alps has melted, and there's a glacier - so definitely some skiing!
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks Pam wink
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
rich1, loads of choice in Austria with many of the resorts planning their opening weekends this month.

The glaciers (2 not just one) at Sölden provide a lot of skiing - more in my opinion than the French resorts and at better prices. There is extensive skiing in Stubaital which is linked by bus to Innsbruck.

I was skiing again on the Kitzsteinhorn yesterday, superb conditions and the snow covered extended a lot further than it did when I was there a month ago. Loads more snow forecast for the whole eastern Alps this coming week.

You pay your money and take your pick really.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
rich1,
I just got back from Tignes with mountainsun/skiand board camp as per pam w, - it was excellent (probably the best value ever given the price, IMO, and great atmosphere in the hotel) and plenty to ski up on the glacier (likely to open more over the next week or so) - I skied down to val claret every day.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I'm off to the Stubai on wednesday - I booked the pow a while ago so I'm happy to see that the weatherman is predicting snow for tuesday and wednesday Twisted Evil
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Just rung up Mountainsun re ski & board camp - fully booked Sad

Any other ideas re cheap accommodation?
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Silly question probably - is KItzsteinhorn = Kaprun? - this also looks good

Samerberg Sue, - any hints on accomodation?
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
rich1 wrote:
Silly question probably - is KItzsteinhorn = Kaprun? - this also looks good

Yes, I went there earlier this year for a day, a reasonable amount of slopes to keep you busy depending on your ability however I'd expect it to be quite congested as the lift systems aren't brilliant and you do get a bottle neck on the first 2 lifts.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Grand Montets at Argentiere should be opening for weekends only this coming weekend.

The CMB will make the final decision tomorrow. So check their website for info: www.compagniedumontblanc.fr

Cheers.

Andrew
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Leeds_Skier, All 4 car parks were full to bursting on Saturday and we only had to wait about 5 minutes at the most for any of the lifts - yes it was crowded but they were doing a Free ski and snowboard Test and Freestyle weekend.

Skiing is open down to Langweid and there are still areas to open on the right (the black runs for example are closed but not sure why.

Lift system is standard for glaciers - the drags will not be replaced as they are on the actual ice, same as all the glaciers. The ice has a tendency to move to deeper more pemanent structures are not possible. Where they can they have improved and updated the system so it shifts a lot of people very quickly.

rich1, Contact the Tourist Office in Kaprun. I believe there is a free shuttle bus from the village to and from the glacier. But as I drive there I am not too sure of that. wink
snow report
Chamexpress, Verbier and Chamonix showed 4 lifts open each yesterday if the postings are reliable?
ski holidays
Samerberg Sue wrote:
Leeds_SkierLift system is standard for glaciers - the drags will not be replaced as they are on the actual ice, same as all the glaciers. The ice has a tendency to move to deeper more pemanent structures are not possible. Where they can they have improved and updated the system so it shifts a lot of people very quickly.

I never really thought of it like that wink .

However, I still found it to be really busy in April, especially on the first two gondolas. But this was probably due to all the punters from Zell flooding over as the conditions on the Schmittenhöhe were shall we say, inadequate.
snow conditions
I have a found a 4 day break at Kaprun from 24/11 in a group (and including guides) which would make it more sociable as I'm going on my own - improved apres ski wink

Whilst I like skiing on my own, I do tend to go flat out and lose some of the ambience - and apres ski definitely needs more than 1 Smile

Might book this one - waiting for them to get back to me
ski holidays
Quote:

I have a found a 4 day break at Kaprun from 24/11 in a group (and including guides)

sounds good. snowHead Have fun.
snow conditions
There are some great reports with pics from the early opening Austrian resorts from last two weekends on the german-language Alpinforum here (just look for recent dates in the thread titles, need german to understand the text but the pics are nice):

http://www.alpinforum.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=46

Obergurgl and the Stubai, Molltal, Kitzsteinhorn and Hintertux Glaciers are looking good! snowHead
ski holidays
Whistler opens Friday Happy
ski holidays
rich1 wrote:
I have a found a 4 day break at Kaprun from 24/11 in a group (and including guides) which would make it more sociable as I'm going on my own - improved apres ski wink

Whilst I like skiing on my own, I do tend to go flat out and lose some of the ambience - and apres ski definitely needs more than 1 Smile

Might book this one - waiting for them to get back to me

Can you give us a link, for future reference?
Even better, let us know how you got on.
snow report
HI Can anyone tell me what the prices are for a large beer/lemonade etc and food please Madeye-Smiley
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy