Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

looking to buy my own servicing kit...

Poster: A snowHead
this good enough? main question towards the iron, as i know heehaw about them...

http://edgeandwax.co.uk/acatalog/Edge_And_Wax_Holmenkol_Starter_Kit.html
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
shoogly, I have to give you the tried and tested snowheads answer and say talk to spyderjon first
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
shoogly, try Spyderjon's site http://www.jonsskituning.co.uk/
Drop him a line and he will advise you.

You are right to consider the iron, I tried with a cheap Tesco iron but found it frustrating and ended up getting a proper one from Jon.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
kevindonkleywood, cross post Laughing
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Call Spyderjon!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
We've been using Holmenkol waxing irons for many years, from the basic Smart waxer up to the digital race waxers.
On the link you have pasted the kit has a Winterstieger iron, personally from experience Holmenkol irons are the same price and are very robust.

Pasted a link for the smart waxer - http://www.holmenkol.com/produkte/smart-waxer-230-volt.html

I may have one left in stock if you e-mail me via the Edge2Win website.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
shoogly, Another recommendation for spyderjon

Last edited by Then you can post your own questions or snow reports... on Tue 16-11-10 2:23; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
sarah, i deny that! Very Happy i was not at all cross when I typed it Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
shoogly, I use a tesco Iron and have no problem with it. I got all the other stuff from Ebay or Toolstation.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
shoogly, another for spyderjon.

Do one of his courses, they are really good way to get to know how to use the kit properly, and pick up the kit at the same time
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I started with a travel iron and then bought one from Edge and Wax - brilliant and so much more easier to use and quicker. Go for it. Servicing is easy once you get into it. You can build your kit up over time and make it a far more cost effective way of sorting your kit out. Plus it is good fun in my opinion. Go for the basic Holkemol one
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
[del]

Last edited by And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports. on Tue 16-11-10 0:05; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Gosh, this is all technical stuff. I saw the topic title, and assumed it was a continuation of the "which is stiffer?" thread.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
thanks for all the help... much appreciated.

would love to do one of spyderjon's courses but he's too far away.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I have a Swix waxing Iron which has been with me for 10 years and is going strong. Last season I forgot to take it with me though and bought a old school non steam iron for pennies to tide me over, only downsides I noticed were having to set it to cotton and that it doesnt fit through the brakes. Will be remembering my Swix one this season.
snow conditions
I use a cheap tesco iron to wax all our ski's and have never had an issue. Perhaps sarah needs to practice more.
latest report
Not trying to push anything onto anyone but have a look at what we have to offer, we have all the tools you will ever need at the best prices, also have recently uploaded some video tutorials too! www.jibtuning.co.uk Blush
snow report
jibtuning, you seem to suggest quite a lot of base grinding. Is that usual?
ski holidays
jibtuning wrote:
Not trying to push anything...

sure about that? Laughing

already ordered from edge and wax... thanks anyway.

and... you have one of the most annoying to use websites i've been seen. flash (and other such stuff) just doesn't work for a site like yours.
latest report
shoogly,

I will have to agree with you there!

That's why we have a brand new e-commerce site, we were going through nurofen like sweets.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy