Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Tamworth snow?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Off to Tamworth from next saturday.

Whats the 'snow' like at Tamworth is its nice and velvety like Hemmel, Ok like chill factore and ski dubai, or horrible nasty awfull surgary ice shavings like the MK and Castleford Xscapes. (not that my recent trip to MK, with crap snow and nothing but board and mat under the lifts has further deepened my hatered of these dumps Toofy Grin )

Do i need to be formally 'blooded in' by a fellow snowHead before skiing at Tamworth
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Unlike MK & Castleford the Tamworth stuff is actually literally crushed/shaved ice!

Funnily enough though Tamworth always seems to get better crits than the Xscapes - leaving aside their leaving cr*p all pover the slope and roping off areas without notice for other activities the Xscapes seem unable to maintain their 'snow' in a condition that keeps customers happy. Best ones seem to be Hemel and Chill to be honest and they have 'proper' artificial snow but Tamworth is okay I think if a little icy at times in places and the surface does tend to be quite hard. Haven't been there for a couple of years I have to say but I guess it's similar to the last time I was there although I hear the place has had a decor revamp.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Not been in a while, however,in recent times its not been too bad.Used to suffer badly from ice patches,but thats in the past I'm glad to say.Generally,the biggest problem is boarders.....both themselves,and what they do to the slope!Baby boarders gather on the R/H side of the bend and monopolise that side of the slope.Biggest effect is the congestion it can cause on the L/H side....in addition to the newbie skiers stage left.Yes,it can get very busy at times..esp at the weekend,and especially at this time of year.But,having said all that,I think its OK....and I prefer it to MK.It suffers all the same limitations of every dome,but I find it a pretty friendly place with half decent coverage.
You say you are going 'from' next Sat.Training course,regular visits?Try and pick your moment,and keep a watchfull eye on the boarders Twisted Evil
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
kevindonkleywood, It's good fun. The last time I was there (with Boris and his crew) the main issue was that it was pretty busy to start with, but it did improve as the afternoon wore on. The surface seemed OK to me.

Tamworth also has it's unique 90 left, which makes things more interesting.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
None of the above. Tamworth is the oldest of the snowdomes and I believe the oldest snow 'technology'. It's best described as 'icy hardpack' which is fast and smooth and doesn't get potatoey (the only time I went to Castleford I'd have described it as slow, sticky and potaoey) but you will need good edges. However, I would describe both Hemel and CFe has having snow a bit more like the real thing, much softer than Tamworth.

Tamworth has its good bits, the bend adds interest and the staff are very friendly and helpful. I'm not a big fan of the travelator lift though, 5 minutes to get up, 5 seconds to get down!

Have fun.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
snowskisnow wrote:
.Generally,the biggest problem is boarders.....both themselves,and what they do to the slope!Baby boarders gather on the R/H side of the bend and monopolise that side of the slope.
keep a watchfull eye on the boarders Twisted Evil

rolling eyes

The "monopolisation" of this area is because this is the top of the rope tow, and as such this is where the snowboard courses tend to start their runs from. It's not particularly hazardous, you just have to utilise the other 30/40ft of slope available to you at this point.

As far as the snow goes, I find it holds together much better than Castleford, but it's not quite as realistic as Chill Factore. It can be quite icy first thing, but loosens up after an hour or two of use. Personally, I like it. Have fun!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy