Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

passo tonale hotle miramonti

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
hiya new on this site, just wondered if anyone has been to passo and stayed at the miramonti, i'm thinking of taking the full board option, has anyone done this, and was it worth it, or is it a pain going back to the hotel for lunch.

cheers,

Noodles
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
noodles948, yes I stayed there in March 2006. It's a big hotel and one of many rather ugly buildings in Tonale, basically a large orange square-type building. Bizarre.

Good points: The staff are very friendly and helpful. There's a lovely bar/coffee shop. The rooms are clean and comfortable. There's a very nice swimming pool and spa area (thankfully with no naked bodies on display). It's literally across the road from the lifts/pistes.

Bad points: The single room I had was barely more than a cupboard with a bed in it. The ski/boot room is down a narrow stone spiral staircase which is tricky to negotiate and very busy at the beginning and end of each day. It's a very large hotel and feels a bit impersonal.

As to the food, I had half board which was continental breakfast (and lots of it) and a four course evening meal with a choice of menu. The food was OK but not amazing, in fairness the best bit about it for me was the buffet salad, the rest was a bit mass produced and school dinners-ish. But perfectly adequate and edible, it's just that I feel I have had much better food in smaller 2 and 3 star hotels compared to the Miramonti which is a 4 star. It certainly wouldn't be a pain going back there at dinnertime, it really is that close to the pistes and Passo Tonale is a fairly small resort so you're never likely to be far away. However, you may get a chance to go for a day trip to other nearby resorts such as Madonna, if so don't let your desire to have a 'free' dinner at the Miramonti stop you from doing that, piste-side food is relatively cheap and generally delicious in Italy.

Have a great time.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy