Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

geneva to les saisies

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
what is the cheapest option for travelling from geneva to les saisies? i have found a private return transfer for 400 euros or we could hire a car for £435. we will have 4 suitcases and there are 4 of us so need an estate type of car.

what are the other options that are too much hassle?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Bus to Megeve and a (shorter) taxi ride from there, or bus to Albertville and another bus from there. Timetables will be on the LS website later if they aren't already. But the buses are quite expensive - wouldn't be a huge saving. That transfer price is unlikely to be bettered, IME. You could do with a smaller car if you took squishy type bags but you'd still need to budget for fuel and tolls and you might have to dig it out of a snowdrift.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I think we might go for the transfer, it is with ski-lifts.com. never heard of them so no clue what they are like but if we get a hire car, we will literally only use it for transfers, it will be parked up for the rest of the week.

Thanks for that Pam. Would train be an option? Half of me is wondering if I really want all this hassle with bags and kids lol, maybe the private transfer is a better option.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Quote:

Would train be an option?

No.

this is the local taxi firm, who we've found very reliable. A bit more expensive. http://www.taxiblanc.com/
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
polo99 wrote:
I think we might go for the transfer, it is with ski-lifts.com. never heard of them so no clue what they are like but if we get a hire car, we will literally only use it for transfers, it will be parked up for the rest of the week.

We used Ski-Lifts last year, to St Gervais, after being let down at very short notice by another provider Evil or Very Mad

Their prices were very good and we weren't really expecting much of a slick operation, but they were excellent. Smooth pick-up in Geneva, and away quickly. When we got to the chalet, it was above the road, and accessed on foot, via 'steps' cut into the bank which was, of course, covered with snow. The driver, without being asked, jumped out of the van and helped carry all the luggage up - there were 8 of us, plus skis and boot bags. Return pick up was bang on time, despite epic snowfall all the previous day and overnight, and again a friendly, helpful driver. They earned themselves a decent tip, and I would definitely use them again Very Happy
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Anniepen, sounds good. Will make a note of them. snowHead
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
You can rent a 5 seater people carrier from the French side of Geneva airport from £203 for most weeks in Winter if you follow this link http://compare.carrentals.co.uk. You will have to look towards the bottom of the search results to find the 5 seater people carrier, it is £100 cheaper than renting from the Swiss side for some weeks.

You will have extras to pay if you want snow chains, CDW excess cover, a Swiss vignette, as well as petrol and tolls. There are ways of reducing the costs of the extra if you decide to go for the car hire route but you need to decide whether it is worth the hassle compared to the private transfer.

You will also have to witness another forum discussion about the pros and cons of renting from the French side of Geneva airport. I'm sure somebody will be along soon with links to previous discussions.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
friends have done this before and we've met them in Megeve bus station...

try www.borini.com - an example quote on 22/01 and rtn to Geneva 29/01/2011 was €260 for 4 people

sat-montblanc.com - same dates €46 rtn for adults €23 child...these only go to Sallanches (valley below Megeve)

personally, i'd rent a car, you have the flexibility if the snow is not great, you can get provisions in thwe valley which is cheaper and you can visit other smaller (or larger) resorts close to Saisies. If you need to dig out, you can usually either get a shovel or be creative with a sledge wink
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy