Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

National Ski Test Tour 2010/11 - any good?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
http://www.ellis-brigham.com/skitest.htm

Has anybody attended one of these sessions. Are they any good? Do you get to try out loads of ski's? Do you get a good feel for them in such an environment?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I went to one of these last year and thought it was excellent. With it being Brighams the manufactures turned up on mass - so many skis! They even had skis on demo that Brighams weren't stocking which I thought was good. You probably won't get much out of the wider skis indoors but you get a taste and bit of a laugh. It certainly won't be a wasted morning or afternoon and you may even get a few freebies (my mate won a pair of skis). Register in the Brighams store and they (I think) give you a discounted ticket for the slope.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Ski tests indoors are always limited by the space available and the conditions. Naturally you won't get to see how good a rockered powder ski is in a fridge but you might find out how livable with it is in sub-optimal conditions (which is important). Nor will you get to ski really fast or do big arcs. A few runs are usually enough to see how different skis are although beware that mounting point and how the demo bindings are set up can have an impact on how you feel about the ski.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy