Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Cairngorm Mountain to open this weekend

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Cairngorm Mountain is planning to open this coming weekend. ....
See Cairngorm Mountain blog:

Quote:
"Snow Making"
November 11th, 2010

Apologies again but our wee talisman has done the job again, unfortuneatly the wind changed and we could not quite fill the top bowls but have done a fairly good job filling in the gun barrel and White Lady. As a result we plan to open for skiing this weekend. It will probably be just the train for uplift. We will try and offer a semi decent part pisted run from the top down the traverse, cas uptrack and then the zig zags. and it will be as you find it for the Lady and gunbarrel for the more adventurous. Bit of a nightmare trying to get up the Traverse this morning with the 100, Can am and skidoos. It was drifting in just as fast behind us so we never hung around very long at the top. There is more snow forecast and at the moment the weekend forecast is for light winds. Anyway it is a start, could we be the first ski area in in the Northern Hemisphere to offer “Funicular” served skiing? I am sure some stat buffs will keep me right!
Cheers
Colin

Here's a piccy of the Coire Cas side of the ski area from Tuesday (before the most recent snow!):

And a couple more piccies of the ski area from yesterday:

View of the lower slopes from the Day Lodge:

The Ptarmigan Bowl:

snowHead snowHead snowHead
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Just read this and are packing our bags now for a weekend trip!!!

Bring it on!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Woohoo! Now if it can just stay and get deeper until 26 March.... Toofy Grin
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Cool.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
cathy, pretty sure it will do that... there's only a few inches on the ground at the moment! obviously a bit more in the drifts, but i think i'll be giving this weekend a miss and save my ski time for when there's slightly more terrain open Very Happy
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
shoogly, you predicting it's going to stay from now until March!! I'd not be so sure....
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
From CML's email:

CairnGorm Mountain will be open for snow sports this weekend. Skiing is limited, suitable for intermediate and expert skiers only (no beginners – sorry). Skiing uplift will be from the train only, with mid station stops. A run has been pisted down the Traverse, 105 and back to the train mid station stop. Patrol report The White Lady and M1 are both skiable with care but neither have been prepared or marked. Last winter’s season ticket is valid and if you have a voucher from the Strathy (see below) you can ski for £1. The ski day ticket price for the opening Saturday and Sunday this weekend will be £9.75 for adults or £6.15 for juniors. (no half day tickets). Ski Hire will not be open at CairnGorm this weekend, please hire any kit you need before you come up. Come and have some early season fun…..

Which is a pretty good price!!
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
kitenski wrote:
shoogly, you predicting it's going to stay from now until March!! I'd not be so sure....

not at all... but i am pretty sure there'll be a lot of days in the coming season that the skiing will be more fun than it will on a hill that's only just getting its base of snow down. I think i'll save the bases of my skis to ski another day is all i'm saying.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
For anyone who was confused by tonight's Reporting Scotland weather bulletin that wrongly stated all ski areas are closed for snowsports this weekend please be aware they were speaking tosh - Cairngorm WILL open tomorrow and Sunday for snowports, from the Cairngorm Mountain website:
Quote:
After just a gap of 145 days, we're back sliding around!!

Snowsports - Latest News!
We will open for snowsports this weekend, with just the train for uplift. We will try and offer a semi decent part pisted run from the top down the Traverse, Cas uptrack and then the Zig Zags. It will be as you find it for the Lady and Gunbarrel for the more adventurous.
Ticket prices for snowsports will be set the same as funicular day tickets for this weekend as displayed below.
Season tickets from 2009/2010 and also new 2010/2011 passes will also be valid.
Local residents for this weekend only can avail of our £1 special offer advertised in this weeks Strathy - (must show utility bill as proof of local residency along with the cut-out voucher) either to get a £1 funicular ticket or a £1 ski ticket.
Hire : No hire is available onsite, please hire before arriving up the mountain.
Opening times : Cas Bar & Ticket Office open at 10:00 first train up at 10:20, last train up at 15:20 and last train down at 16:00. Trains running on demand.
Check blog for latest Patrol report

From the Cairngorm blog:
Quote:
Just skied down from the top and the zigzags have suffered with the milder temps. Best route is down the traverse 105 and then the gunbarrel. The first two zz's are just passable and then cut accross to the gun barrel. The White Lady could be good fun for experts but again it has gone pretty soft. Bring your rock hoppers!!
Latest forecast suggests going back to Northerlies on Sunday and Monday with more snow coming in. Is this the start of a long season again I wonder
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Definitely open at Cairngorm today Very Happy :

Good to see skiers and boarders in the shot - I reckon the person on the left of the group of 3 with a yellow jacket on is Hilly (Helen), who has skied the mountain at least once a month (often more) for the last 13 months - something of a legend is Hilly Very Happy
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
So there we go, first day of the (lift served) 2010/2011 season in Scotland over, second one pending - here's an update from the Cairngorm Mountain website:

Quote:
Welcome to CairnGorm Mountain

After just a gap of 145 days, we're back sliding around!!

Snowsports - Updated Saturday 13th Nov 2.40pm

Snowing lightly at all levels. Wind NW 10mph, Temp -1c.

Helen Rennie Tells us All About It.

A good first day with light winds and reasonable visibility. We will open for snowsports tomorrow - Sunday, with just the train for uplift. Some limited piste preparation has been made where possible, the best route is down the Traverse, 105 and then the Gunbarrel. The Cas is also pretty good. The first two ZigZags are skiable (watch for rocks on the outside) and then cut accross to the Gunbarrel. The White Lady has been well used today but there has been no prep' done on it. It will be as you find it! Care required in places as some rocks visible. Intermediate and experts only, conditions not suitable for beginners. We may open for snowsports on Monday and review for Monday skiing will take place on Sunday - watch the web site for a decision.

Ticket prices for snowsports will be set the same as funicular day tickets for this weekend as displayed below.

Season tickets from 2009/2010 and also new 2010/2011 passes will also be valid.

Local residents for this weekend only can avail of our £1 special offer advertised in this weeks Strathy - (must show utility bill as proof of local residency along with the cut-out voucher) either to get a £1 funicular ticket or a £1 ski ticket.

Hire : No hire is available onsite, please hire before arriving up the mountain.

Opening times : Cas Bar & Ticket Office open at 10:00 first train up at 10:20, last train up at 15:20 and last train down at 16:00. Trains running on demand.

Check blog for latest Patrol report
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Coverage on the BBC:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-highlands-islands-11751104
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Yes, that's Hilly! She's Queen of Cairngorm. Did anyone ski? Any live reports? How is the Ciste looking? (kid 3 is anxious to git up there). I hear it's slightly rock-hopping but hopefully the next few days will add some more fat to the bowls.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Sofia, yeah thought so Very Happy

Take a look here for more info and photos etc. on conditions Very Happy
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy