Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Resort Recommendation For ...

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
a group of people, all who like skiing except one who doesn't like doing any snowsports (yeah...weird isn't it!) but likes coming on hols with us. Are there any particular resorts that would keep someone occupied who likes off piste activities (tourism stuff etc), nice scenary etc? Smile We normally look at France for our hols and would welcome any experiences other ppl have had with off piste stuff that you enjoyed etc Smile Looking to go probably Feb or early March, not far away now!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
scribbz, Places such as Samoens (Grand Massif) and St Gervais (Mont Blanc area) have lovely villages with real character, lots of little shops and cafes, and gorgeous views. The skiing isn't bad either wink Is the non-skier looking for stuff such as spa facilities or swimming pools? St Gervais (also known as St Gervais Les Bains) has a famous spa facility, just a few minutes down from the main town, which I believe is brill - haven't been myself as I would have had to miss skiing to do it......
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
scribbz,
I recommend Jungfrau stay in Grindelwald or Interlaken or Lauterbrunnen; the non skier can still come to Lunch on the train, the scenery is fabulous.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
How about Serre Chevalier - four villages with linking buses, shopping and sightseeing in Briancon and the baths in Monetier. Great ski area for everyone else too.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Yes, the Jungfrau region would be difficult to beat for scenery. But if you want to go to France how about Chamonix? Scenery there is none too shabby and there's plenty to do in the town as well as the Aiguille du Midi cablecar to get non skiers right up to the top of the world). I'd avoid 12 February to 13 March, which are the busiest French school holiday weeks, unless you specially enjoy crowded lifts and slopes.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Surely if you stay in the Jungfrau a non skier would want views - so I'd go for traffic free Wengen part-way up the mountain. (Murren might be a bit too out on a limb - though beautiful). You can go to all the other linked resorts by cog-railway or to meet the others for lunch - or go on up through the Eiger. Or go along to the valley on the train and do excursions. However Grindelwald is bigger and I think has a cinema. Mind you, if you are expert skiers the area is a bit short of real steeps.

Kitzbuhel has a mediaeval centre and you can do a day trip by coach to Saltzburg.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
The Arlberg Region.

St Anton has the Well.Com pampering centre and there are great views from the top of the Valluga. Sunbathing available on Rendl Beach at the top of the new Gondola lift.

Lech & Zurs are short bus journeys away, so the non snow sports member of your party could meet you for lunch up the mountains. The Mooserwirt for wild apres ski is accessible by bus/walk on the road. The Underground on the piste is accessible on foot next to the Ski Museum.

For very expensive lunches St Christoph is a short bus journey from St Anton and also accessible by ski/snowboard.

Innsbruck is about 100km along the railway line from St Anton.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I'd say Kitzbuhel as well. A lovely medieval town, lots to explore there for the non-skier. And good train links or buses to other places.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Hmm, lots of food for thought, thanks for the great ideas everyone! Looks like we need to be taking a look at Austria as well then Smile Some of the stuff you've described makes me almost want to take a day off skiing to see some of it myself hehe (but i'm sure that probably won't actually happen!)
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Kitzbuhel, or base yourselves in Innsbruck and take advantage of the free buses to nearby local resorts, which also happen to be on the same pass.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Good places for non-skiers, where there's plenty of other things to do:

Chamonix
Cortina d'Ampezzo
Innsbruck
Kitzbuhel
Zell am See
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Lots to do for non skiers in places like Zell am See (and other places in Austria) so worth thinking about Very Happy
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Zell am See?

I foolishly took a day off skiing last year after my Birthday night out in Zell am See and had never been so bored in my life.

Each to their own and all that, but ski resorts are only catered for one thing through the day imo. Especially if you are alone.

If however I had to pick a place to go to not ski I'd say Innsbruck would be about the best choice? Although I have never been before I would imagine that you get a good compromise between the charm of Austria and the variety of activities that a city has to offer.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Zell is a real town, plenty to do with proper shops, lovely old centre and museum with lots of ski related memorabilia, nice cafes and places to relax and a railway station offerering all sorts of options for travelleing elsewhere as well as decent public transport to places like Kaprun with it's car museum and castle - plenty of options if you have the will and aren't too hung over from the night before!

Admittedly some things shut down in the main ski season like pretty much every resort but with the train on tap you're spoilt for choice frankly!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy