Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Recommendations for Kitzbuhel?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm driving to Kitzbuhel in Feb and I'm in need of some recommendations for tuition and ski hire for my girlfriend. Anyone have any good experiences with any companies that I can look up?

Ideally a small group or even better private tuition would be good for her as she needs to build her confidence a little. I've always hired in resort for her although we're driving this year so potentially could hire in this country if anyone has had any experiences of this? I'll more then likely want to stick to hiring in resort though, incase she decides she needs to change anything.

Any pointers welcome. Thanks
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
dredgey, there's an excellent hire place in the building of the Hahnenkamm gondola and the ski school is literally opposite (over the railway tracks) think it might be the mighty http://www.rote-teufel.at/ - never used them but, as ever, it comes down to the individual instructor.

This thread possibly useful... http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=435

By the way, driving... got winter tyres? (lots of threads on here about Austria and winter tyres)
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
dredgey, Bode is spot on the Rote Teufel (the Red Devils) are yer only men for the job, they've several offices knocking around the village but as Bode has pointed out, the obvious one is on the Kitzbuhel Banhof platform...you can't miss it....they're very flexible with you're requirements, be it one-on-one tuition or a big group.....Kitzbuhel is a living breathing monument to Toni Sailer!!

As for equipment hire http://www.skirent-michael.at/ is Kitz's best kept secret (it's just across the road from the Londoner bar)...his stuff is far superior and always up to date...he's cheap too.

Have you somewhere to stay sorted???

Apres advice??
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
dredgey, we know a ski instructor in Kitz who should be able to help. He used to teach in St Anton and we've had a few lessons with him there.

He is a level 3 instructor and should be taking the level 4 exams this year, but more importantly he really helped my wife overcome the fear and as a result her technique and confidence has improved dramatically. I think he only does private lessons in K, but i'm not 100% on that so it's worth contacting him.

Contact Willem Jongen
wljjongen@hotmail.com
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
For group lessons in Ktizbuhel you can't beat the Red Devils ski school. They now have a new office just below the Hahnenkamm cable car but you can just turn up at their ski school located at the bottom of the piste behind the Schweizerhof hotel.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
For group lessons in Ktizbuhel you can't beat the Red Devils ski school. They now have a new office just below the Hahnenkamm cable car but you can just turn up at their ski school located at the bottom of the piste behind the Schweizerhof hotel.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Bode Swiller wrote:
dredgey, there's an excellent hire place in the building of the Hahnenkamm gondola

Hardly efficient though...It took us about 2 hours to hire some ski's a couple of years ago! I'd of expected it from the French or the Spanish, but not the Austrian's! It's unheard of for a German speaking country to be inefficient!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Check out www.blacksheepski.co.uk for private lessons and guiding Very Happy

Heidi
www.skiheidi.com
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
dredgey, If your girlfriend wants private lessons go to the Red Devils office and ask if Hans Haas is available. My wife had a few lessons with him and her skiing improved significantly. He's a local farmer who turned up for one of her lessons one day in his tractor. He's patient, speaks very good English and is very funny and not just because he's the spitting image of Benny Hill. As for ski hire there's one place opposite the Hahnekammbahn that I wouldn't recommend. Can't remember the name - Sport followed by the owner's christian name IIRC. Very expensive.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Thanks for all the replies (I'd actually forgotton I'd added this post!) Red Devils tuition and Mt, your suggestion sounds good; I'll check that out.

staying here: http://alphome.at/index.php?id=64&L=1&aID=53

The accommodation agent have offered me 15% discount on tuition and hire from this place, anybody experienced them? http://www.element3.at/
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy