Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

****Geneva to Courchevel Transfers****

Poster: A snowHead
A group of 4 of us are desperately trying to find some Transfers at a reasonable price going in January to Courchevel from Geneva. At present it seems ridiculous the cost: they are £120 each upwards this season. We have all been snowboarding and skiing for over ten years and never encountered prices like this.

Does any one please have an idea or suggestion as to where we could book up cost effective Transfers

Many Thanks
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
airwalk, Welcome to SnowHeads snowHead

I am no expert, but i gather that public bus services are frequent from GVA to 3 Vallees, but will still set you back €64 each way, and take over 3 hours. Lots of good info here

http://www.courchnet.com/faq.php?id_faq_type=65
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I've used www.skicab.com before and found them very good. We were a bigger group though, so I am not sure what the costs for you will be like, but work a look.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
We have used Snow Bound to La Tania and they were pretty reasonable. We have also used Ski Lifts which were a great price, but I'm not sure if they cover the 3V - worth Googling though and checking them out
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
you could hire a car for that!
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
airwalk, Another welcome to snowHeads!

We used www.bensbus.co.uk last year, helpful and no problems. I think it was around 65 return each.

edit: just realised, they go everywhere except the big C Embarassed
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
***********************Hire A Car*******************
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
hire a car wink
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Quote:

hire a car

I agree. You should be able to get a week's car hire for about £60 each.

Or you could take Bensbus and get off at Moutiers, then catch a scheduled bus to Courchevel.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
shoogly wrote:
you could hire a car for that!

I hired a car last time I was in the three valleys it was £255 for 5 days from holidayautos, through Hertz, parking was free at the apartment, fuel and tolls was about 80 Euros on top.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
We have just had the same issue but from Chambery so a bit closer than you. Cheapest we could find was a fellow snowhead who has just started up, still cost more than £100 each though!!

http://www.ski4funtransfers.co.uk/index.html?_ret_=return

We thought about car hire but for an extra £20 or so a head couldn't be bothered with the hassle.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I've booked with ski4fun for a group trip in Feb.

They undercut skicab and intelligent transfer significantly. Worth looking at if you can't be arsed driving.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Yeah I used bensbus last year and they were no problem. They even did a few extra stops for us and gave us lots of tips for some good pistes - would recommend them.

There are so many french ski resorts near Geneva though and I am still yet to go to all of them!
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Hi Ben, how's it going. Still got the bus?
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
1_man_ski_guide, welcome to snowHead s

As a guide you must be aware of the dangers of falling into a commercial pit of spam so your body link has been removed; the link in your signature line will more than suffice thank you.
snow report
To be honest how much would you expect to pay for a 3 hour taxi ride in the Uk or any other country. Just because you can fly for £6 does not mean that the transfers should be the same price.
snow report
I have never used any of these bus services, but one I have considered as it looked comparatively reasonably priced for one person on their own, was Altibus.

http://www.alpski-bus.com/pdf/aeroski-busTarifs.pdf

Seems they do an online special for 4 or more adults for the price of 68 euros one way, or 116 euros return to Courcheval from Geneva.

One year (2008) I considered getting a return flight for £2 to Frankfurt and walking to the Alps. I actually booked the flight, planned the route walking along the Moselle valley, but it was raining so I did not turn up. (or confirm my booking)

For 4 people that is 464 euros for 178 miles by bus. (or 2.61 euros per mile)

I would not really want to be driven by a cut price driver to a ski resort. I found it fairly tough going driving a transit van to most resorts, never mind a bus.

rolling eyes
latest report
Although transfers are very steep - renting can't be much cheaper. You'll need a large saloon at least for 4 people plus gear, then there's fuel, chains, tolls, parking maybe. Then there's the risk of driving mountain roads in poor conditions, being snowed it etc. and you need a sober driver!

I presume you are self catered as Catered accom will usually organise transfers for much more reasonable prices - we are paying £60 return this year with our chalet company - might be worth thinking about a chalet if you're not already committed
snow report
I have a group of friends joining us on New Years Eve and believe me they have been round the houses with car hire versus transfer, so they have ended up booking with ski4funtransfers
latest report
I wouldn’t recommend skicabs.com
We booked online and thought the quote good but it only after we’d paid that the transfer times were notified to us.
The pick up on the way home was 8!! Hours ahead of our flight time for a 1.15min journey.
It was a busy Saturday and so journey delay time had to be factored in but even so with heavy traffic we arrived at the airport with 6 hours to spare. They had previously refused to put back the pick up time and we asked to sit in the vehicle as it was cold outside and there was a queue to get in the airport. The driver refused as he had to get to Geneva for another pick up. Clearly they collected us 6 hours early because it suited them and not to ensure we got the flight during heavy traffic.
On the way to our resort he passed our accommodation and carried on up the mountain until we told him to turn around. He hadn’t researched the accommodation at all and then refused to take us to the door. We had to walk with cases and skis up to the chalet without knowing where it was and ended up going around the houses in the cold wet and dark to find it. When I asked to complain they told me ‘I was joking’. Will be submitting a formal complaint. Not recommended.
ski holidays
9 years bumpty bump bump!
snow conditions
Try findtransfers.com to get lots of quotes from local taxi firms as well as the bigger transfer companies
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy