Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

K2 Apache Crossfire

Poster: A snowHead
Anyone skied on them or know much about them? I have heard good things - K2's tougher version of the Ross B2 but keen to find out more as I've skied on B2 for most of the last 2 seasons and fancy a change...
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
isn't next years b2 a tougher version of the same ski though?
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Not sure - I heard there was no B2 next year, just the B3 (bigger, fatter, meaner)?

Like K2's public enemey as well, but looking for something stiffer, but a bit bored of skiing on Rossignol!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Anyone know how much next year's B2 will be, and has anyone given them a try? It's time to replace my 1080s and I think the B2 might be what I'm looking for (espacially after reading ise's review).
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
this may be of interest

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=4954&highlight=

I tried Rachel Q's B2's briefly at the EOSB. I hold them in a similar regard to the B1
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
The 04/05 B2 is

Lengths: 160-170-176-182-190 cm
Side-Cut: 113-76-103 mm
Radius: 18.5 m (182 cm)

The 05/06 B2 is

Lengths: 148-158-166-174-182 cm
Side-Cut: 116-78-115 mm

I hear it's a little stiffer than the 04/05 model, I've not skied it though.

rob@rar.org.uk, what review was that ?
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
ise wrote:

Not a review as such, but your comments about them last week in Zermatt.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
flying_squirrel, Suggest you do a search in 'Consumer Gear Reviews' on Epic as I'm sure you'll find loads of feedback on the Crossfire.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
rob@rar.org.uk wrote:
ise wrote:

Not a review as such, but your comments about them last week in Zermatt.

ah, yes, I see. I have to say I do like them, an excellent recreational ski which you can take as a compliment or a putdown Very Happy

It's the only all mountain ski I've ever tried that comes close to delivering. It's a very easy ski as well, turn initiation is very easy and it carves well with enough float for the modest powder I've skied it in.

Interesting that the new lengths are so much shorter, I'm guessing the 05/06 is supposed to be skied shorter than the older ones.

I'm thinking of buying some, there's some deals (around 400 euro) about on the 04/05 ones which would suit me for the few days a year I'd use them.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
ise wrote:
an excellent recreational ski which you can take as a compliment or a putdown Very Happy

As a mediocre recreational skier I think they'd be perfect for me!

I'm looking for a compromise ski that will be OK on-piste and OK for a bit of moderate off-piste if conditions are good.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Apache ....Noisy things always flying low over our garden and the A303, Really good helicopter......
Ok I'll get me coat Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
ise wrote:
It's the only all mountain ski I've ever tried that comes close to delivering. It's a very easy ski as well, turn initiation is very easy and it carves well with enough float for the modest powder I've skied it in.

I must need to go lie down Very Happy One of only a couple I should have said, the Stöckli Stormrider being the other. The B2 is a slighty more forgiving ride.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
ise, An outlet in SoF has 04/05 Rossi B2s at €400 with 100 pro bindings ( all they have left)... can not justify for myself as only so many 'virgin' skis she will allow Sad but if anyone is interested I can bring back to UK ...
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
eEvans, that seems to be the going rate, I was offered some with Axial 140's for 400 as well. Axial 100's are a non-starter for me, the din range is only 3-10.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
ise, Point taken .. 140s obviously a better option for most, and I was not offered a discount for skis without bindings .. so at least UK-based folks have a benchmark price for the skis.

Simple question - given that so many Europeans 'rate' the B2, why are there so many still available for sale ? I donn't understand the manufacturers economics but why a surplus of the ski that the cogniscenti rave about ?
snow conditions
The only B2s I've managed to find over here are the women's version. The B2w were the worst set of skis I've ever come across......
latest report
eEvans wrote:
Simple question - given that so many Europeans 'rate' the B2, why are there so many still available for sale ? I donn't understand the manufacturers economics but why a surplus of the ski that the cogniscenti rave about ?

I'm not sure there are that many, but there will be some, they must have made huge quantities. Driving down from Val on the last day of the EOSB I had 8 or 10 pairs in the roof box, which means 1 in 3 snowheads on the EOSB prefer B2's Very Happy

They're a sale ski now though, end of season and being replaced next year.

Elizabeth B I can imagine the B2w is awful, the B2 has nearly too much flex, anymore flex and it'd be unusable.
snow conditions
I tried the Apache Crossfires for a day in Val Thorens this Easter. They're a fast and stable on-piste ski, maybe good for 25% off & 75% on-piste, good fun, fast turn initiation and quick edge to edge. Maybe worth a look if thats what you're after snowHead
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy