Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

New all mountain ski's?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Looking to purchase a set of new all mountain skis this year. I've been skiing a set of blizzards, fairly narrow waist and tight turn radius, relatively soft too althought they have served me well and i've learnt a lot on them.

Ability wise: I can ski all grades of run, although i'm very slow down blacks with moguls. I can carve confidently on all blues and the odd red although i'm planning on working on that! I'd also like to venture into a bit of powder where possible.

So far I like the look a reviews of the salomon tornado ti's and atomic nomad blackeye ti. Any other suggestions welcome?

I'm also stuck on what length to go for, I have been skiing a 163cm ski but this seems to chatter a fair bit at speed and on very steep slopes. I'm 6ft and weight around 70-72kg.

Hugh
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I got the Watea 84's lst year, really perform well. Works in all areas very well.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
6ft go for at least a 170. both the salomon and blackeye are great skis, personally check out the nordica ignitor Ti as well... really good value for money and goes right up against these 2
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I wouldn't go for the Watea 84. Libertine, looked a little effeminate on them in Flaine in Jan.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
at 6ft i'd suggest going up to a mid 170s length at least... learn from my past mistake Very Happy
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I have the TI's would recommend them I am 6ft and used to weigh 72kg got the 166.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks for the advice guy's.

I went to my local shop today and came out with a set of blackeye ti's!

Can't wait to try them Very Happy
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I went out on the new 2011 Tornado Ti PL in March and loved them SOOO much I shelled out for a pair in the summer. I'm 180cm, 74kgs and have them in a 173cm. I'd been testing different sorts of skis for about 2 years and as soon as I took a pair of these out, I was sold.

Shame I couldn't have posted sooner ... hope the Blackeye's are as good. wink

Kersh
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy