Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Pants for snowboarding and ski-ing: North Face vs. Analog Asset?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello everybody! This is my first post.

I am after a good pair of trousers / pants and can get either of these for around £110 through a contact of mine, so price wise they are identical.

I have heard of NF, but not AA...

ANALOG ASSET TROUSERS
http://www.boardwise.com/p-6374-analog-asset-snowboard-pants-corp-yellow.aspx

NORTH FACE TROUSERS
http://www.unleashedonline.co.uk/north-face-monte-cargo-pant---yellow-8974-p.asp

Also, the AA is 10k / 10k but I cannot find out much about the NF pant, all I can tell is that it has NF's very own HyVent system - I cannot see any breathability / waterproof rating for the NF.

Which one would you go for if price was equal?

Smile
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Oh and here are the specs.

ANALOG ASSET
# 10,000mm Waterproofing
# 10,000g Breathability
# 2L Microporous Nylon Herringbone Fabric
# Front Thigh Vents
# Continuous Crotch Venting
# Boot Gaiters
# Fleece Lined Zippered Handwarmer Pockets
# Single Cinch Waistband
# Double Denim Shank Fly Closure
# Fleece Lined Butt and Knees
# Ghetto Slits

NORTH FACE
Highly technical, insulated snowsport pant fashioned specifically for snow riders. Built for high mountain action in waterproof, breathable HyVent, the Monte Cargo Pant is insulated with Heatseeker™ Eco. Ventilation is super-enhanced and aided by the Chimney Venting system and outside thigh vents with mesh gussets. The built in gaiter makes the pant a veritable fortress against snow and reinforced cuffs ward off biting ski edges. Hand pockets plus a front cargo pocket provides ample stash space. Ride, slide and stay warm and dry during frigid winter action in the Men’s Monte Cargo Pant.

* Adjustable waist tabs
* Back pockets
* Buddy lift clip
* Chimney Venting system
* Flap cargo pockets
* Handwarmer zip pockets
* Pant-a-lock compatible
* Reinforced edge guards
* Snap-cuff gussets
* StretchVent gaiter with gripper elastic and boot hook
* Waterproof, breathable, fully seam sealed
* Zip inner thigh vents with mesh gussets
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
welcome to snowHead

analog are owned by burton snowboarding - the biggest snowboarding retail company in the world.

depends on what you're planning on doing in them:

if you're snowboarding,
the analog ones have fleece-lined butt, knees and ghetto slits (rolling eyes) for when you're walking around town.

if you're skiing,
the lining won't matter, except for added warmth,
the ghetto slits may get damaged as your ski boots will probably wear through that part of the trousers quicker.

hth
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks sherlock! To be frank, I am more of a skier than a boarder, with the ratio being 85% ski / 15% boarding.

Smile
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I've used the Monte Cargo pants for somewhere around 30/40 weeks of skiing over the last couple of years, and they've been bomber, I really like the loose fit on the legs, and the huge pockets are usefull too. I've used them in properly severe blizzards with no problems at all, and also in hot spring conditions the inside leg zips/chimney vents provide a lot more ventilation than you'd expect, I rarely need them open more than 15 mins before my legs are cool enough to zip 'em back up.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks Clarky - that's enough reassurance for me that they are the ones!
Thanks guys!

Very Happy
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
+1 for The North Face
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy