Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Hmmmm advice needed....

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Folks, my trust Volkl NRG 380's sadly passed away in February in Mayrhofen.....and on long weekend in Kitzbuhel I decided against replacing them till this season, so I rented a set instead, the guy in the shop gave me a pair of Rossignol World Radical R9S Oversize....which I've since discovered are race skis, but enjoyed skiing on them immensly...the question is this, I've never really saw myself as a speed demon so I would never have considered buying race skis....I do like a bit of pace and I love a good carve, should I buy the 2011 version of those or would I better with a different model/make....any help would be great.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
dazman, Top skis - I had a weekend on the R9X OS ones once and thought they were brilliant BMF_skier tried the R9S OS ones at the same time. He was that stoked with them that he went out and bought the ones I'd tried in a longer size. I'm no expert on skis or skiing but BMF_skier is a much better skier than me. I'm sure if he liked them that you will too. Even now I love a chance to have a go on his set when we swap. The S ones are very similar to the X ones I think. In fact if you want the slightly more advanced ones I doubt you would go wrong with the X's as an alternative suggestion. I'll flag the thread at him and he might come back with his own comments for you.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Megamum,
Quote:
stoked ?
You becoming a border? Toofy Grin
dazman, Back to the skis, I thought both were very good. Heavier and stiffer ski than I'd used before. You need to take control and 'ski' them. They are certainly not a beginner's ski. I believe they are based on a race ski but fall outside the official parameters.(I may be wrong though)
Either way, I'd still recommend them. Very Happy
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I don't think the Oversize versions of the 9S or the 9X are race skis as such. I think the geometry might be a bit different and the construction will be different giving a softer ski. But if you like to carve turns and ski quickly they should be a good ski to go for (I think they might have been renamed for this season).
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
dazman, What I ended up with was a set of Elan Magfire 78 Ti, initially I found them harder to ski than the Rossi's, but now enjoy skiing them both. Having skied both I just thought I'd flag there is someone with a set of brand new Elan Magfire 78Ti's for sale on SH's here http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=67830 I don't think the Elans are quite the carving tools that the Rossis are though, so if you enjoy carving the Rossi's, out the two, might be better. I think I finally learned about carving when I tried the Rossis I really enjoyed them. However, please note my signature line - I am not a hugely experienced skier I just happen to have skied both these as a novice/intermediate and know that they both need a good skier and thought you might be interested. I'm sure other more experienced skiers who have skied lots more different skis will be along with their favourites soon.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
rob@rar, Rossignol themselves classify them as Race skis....odd that?...any idea of this seasons name/equivalent?

Megamum, BMF_Skier, Here's something thats really gonna cloud the issue!....over the past year and a bit I've lost a fair bit of weight (8 stone)....and when I hired the Rossignols I was around 17 & 1/2 stone and they felt ace, I'm now 13 st 5 lbs and would hope to be bang on 13 come the holiday in Jan...the question is, have I dieted/trained myself out of these skis? or do I still "qualify"

Thanks for your help guys....
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
17.5 - 8 = 9.5!
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Maersk, Originally 21.5 therefore 21.5 - 8 = 13.5
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I hope they do rename/rebadge all those wretched Rossignol orange, white and black skis. Some with a bit of green. It was very, very, confusing trying to tell which was which, but clearly they were different animals. I got completely baffled and we just took the advice from the shop assistant when we bought a pair for the OH in the Vieux Campeur sale. His are orange and white and black oversize something, but most definitely NOT out and out race skis.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
dazman, Well done on the weight loss, I bet you feel great Cool , I'd like to say I'm comparable, but ahem not quite at the moment Embarassed However, within pitching distance for ski comparison probably. I skied BMF_Skier's, earlier this year at 168cm without problem if that's any use to you and I would guess without any worries that you are probably a better skier than me I doubt you would have problems being able to flex them, with my lack of skills if I can manage a set and have fun on them I'm quite sure you will still be able to.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy