Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Livigno

Poster: A snowHead
Already planning for next year - well who isn't!!!

Thinking of going to Livigno - What's it like? I'm an early intermediate - good on blues and getting better on reds!!

Thanks
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
jb1970, years since I've been there but it should suit you very well. It's a long transfer / journey which puts some people off. Relatively high and snow sure. Duty free area for obscure historical reasons. Stick it into the search engine (in user facilities) to find other posts about it.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Duty Free- nuff said! Laughing
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
http://tinyurl.com/3yw2c
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
jb1970, my bro went there for his 3rd trip, after "earning his spurs" in Andorra. Said it was a better class of skiing so it sounds perfect for an early inter like yourself.

The long transfer didn't bother him as he was used to it, Andorra being in the middle of nowhere as well! Personally I wouldn't put up with anything over 3 hours in a coach but you may feel differently.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
I went in January this year and had a realy good trip.

It has a good variety of skiing if you are not looking to ski blacks all day and some of the reds are pretty flattering and good for confidence building.

Good fun.

Stephen.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Hi JB,

As kuwait_Ian says, the only major drawback is the transfer time. However, some TOs are now flying into Innsbruck not Bergamo which should cut down the journey time. Skiing is a nice mix of blues and reds with a few easy blacks thrown in for the benefit of advertsing the resort.

After a disastrous trip to La Thuile in January 2005 (too much wind and snow closed most of the resort), I booked a cheap week in Livigno for Mid-March which I then had to cancel due to having an emergency appendectomy! Not a good year's skiing for me.....
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I was there about 4 years ago and had a great time. When I went I was just a beginner and sticking to mainly the blues but these were confidence building runs and was soon onto the reds, There is only a very few limited blacks but since you are mainly looking at blues and reds it will be ideal.

Also advantage as others have commented is that shops are duty free so ski gear and alcohol are very cheap

The Transfers do say 5hrs but that does normally include 1hr coffee break along the route

Have a great time if you decide to go.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Thanks everybody who responded. Just one last thing - is it snowsure?
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
When are you going? I've been 3 times in March and there's always been tons of snow.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
It has a very good snow record but I am not sure if you could call it 100% snowsure, as there is no glacier.....

unless you are looking at going early or very late season you should be fine. Probably only Cervinia has a better record (in Italy), and has a shorter transfer, but is not as cheap.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I will probaly be going at the end of Feb/beginning of Mar.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
This is the same time I went a few years ago and the snow was great, and like 'the ice perv' mentioned it is pretty snow sure apart from the the beginning and the end of the season as a reasonable alitude.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Does anyone know if it is cheaper to get lift passes out in Livigno or buy them from the tour operator before you go? I think we have been quoted £134 for a week from our tour operator. Also what do beginners do there for passes? I have heard you dont need to get an all area pass....is this right?
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Thanks, are these the prices of lift passes that you can buy at the resort?
snow conditions
Hi, Just about to go on holiday at last!!!

Quick question.....do you need a photo for a 6 day lift pass in livigno?
latest report
No. There is no photo required for the 6 day pass.
snow conditions
Trust me, given your ability you will love Livigno.
snow conditions
Daphne's Bar - probably the most exciting toilet in the world.
snow report
Just wanted to add that all but some of the beginners runs are serviced by chairs or cabins.

Just got back from Livigno... it's a good place - you should enjoy it.
snow report
I been twice and loved it.

welcome to snowheads ZenDog
snow conditions
Welcome

ZenDog,
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy