Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Helmet for small head (ladies) - SORTED

Poster: A snowHead
I'd like to get a helmet as I'm venturing into slighty more gnarly stuff. Problem is I've got a really small head. I've tried loads in the smallest size available but they have all been too big. It was quite late in the season so it may just be that there were no small fitting helmets left, but the sales guy did admit he thought he'd be struggling in any event.

So, anyone in the same boat? Any brands that you know come up small?

ta

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Sat 4-12-10 18:25; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
holidayloverxx, You could really get with it and wear a beanie uner your helmet Smile

What about youth sizes? My daughter has a Leedom Stomper in Pink Camo, other designs too I think, if it is still made that is.

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Mon 8-11-10 22:50; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
holidayloverxx, K2. http://www.edgeandwax.co.uk/acatalog/K2_Moxie_Pro_2011.html . Think there might be a SH discount somewhere. I got mine in the sale for considerably less though. Hubby has a K2 one too, he also has a small bonce.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Bargain Boards has a huge selection, they've got a shop in Hemel now also.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hells Bells, that might be the type of thing, made for women's shape heads - don't need the "pony tail port" though!

Colin B, pink camo - can you really see me in pink camo? I did try some youth sizes but they sat too high on my head and were a tad too tight, not to mention the garish designs
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Tignes
I think it would suit wink
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Colin B, That looks good (apart from the crappy website slagged off on another thread). I can get there after work on a Thursday
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
what size we talking? cm?
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
holidayloverxx, Try the Giro 9 or 10 they do an extra small (I think)

Last edited by You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net. on Sat 4-12-10 22:01; edited 2 times in total
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
A kids helmet maybe?

One thing I know from my motorcycle retail experience is that a helmet that doesn't fit properly is next to useless in terms of protection.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Trouble with the kids ones is that generally they look like kids ones, which is no good for such sophisticated ladies as Holidayloverxx and myself.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Hells Bells, I wondered that. I did see a 'Lightning MacQueen' one at the ski show. Laughing
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I use a child's helmet but you would have to check the specifications are good enough for an adult! Should be though as i'm sure childrens heads are as important (if not more important!) than adults heads!!!!

Try the race style helmets...look less child like!
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Dainese XS is tiny. Our 18yo daughter is 4'10" and tiny, her Dainese fits a treat.
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Thanks to all for suggestions. I did post that I had tried youth's but they were a poor fit.

Size wise about 52cm, which is not that small it seems, finding availability late in the must have been the issue.
snow conditions
Bev has the tiniest head in the world. She finally got a child's small from Decathlon that fitted. as you are doubtless aware, fit is all important.

I decided to upgrade my Lidl Lid now I am a conformed helmet wearer and only found 1 that fitted at the entire Birmingham ski show. Never heard of White Rock, but it fits. That is all important in my view.

Bev could only be persuaded to wear hers with stick-on ears. They cost more that the helmet!

snowHead
latest report
holidayloverxx, check out the salomon custom air helmets and also the salomon pearl... both seem to have a shape that suits a smaller head they have been really popular so far this year and seems to be rightly so!
latest report
holidayloverxx, At the risk of being shouted down I'm wearing a cheap brand childs adjustable one and it fits best out of all those I tried on (from about £150 notes downwards) I would have bought whatever fitted best first and ended up spending £16! - it also looks fine IMV. The adjustable ones are actually quite good, you might do worth than check out Lidls they are doing ski stuff about now and the Chelmsford store might have one you could look at. Nothing lost in looking.
latest report
Megamum, if thats how much you value your head Very Happy
snow report
dansmith, it should still conform to safety standards, so what's the problem?
ski holidays
Pinhead here wears a child's helmet. Embarassed
latest report
dansmith, Been longing to ask this question. However much do you pay for condoms?

snowHead
latest report
Colin B, Have you been working out ?

holidayloverxx, If asked to describe you, one of the things I wouldn't have said was "small headed" x

Wink
latest report
Mrs NBT has a small fitting head (she had to get spectacles from the "youth" range) and has a decathlon helmet that she finds very comfortable. Your local decathlon store will probably still have a full range of helmets
ski holidays
Alexandra wrote:
Pinhead here wears a child's helmet. Embarassed

Me too - I have an unfeasibly small head, which - to quote my nan - is like a rosary bead Laughing
latest report
holidayloverxx,

If you want classy you could always go for this:

Not sure what sizes they have though...

Toofy Grin
snow conditions
Jerry, x

Kruisler, eeeer - I think I'll pass Laughing

thanks for all suggestions
latest report
Another vote for the Giro 9 as mentioned by Linds. Fits well and has an adjuster at the back like the Giro cycle helmets ahve to ensure it fits well.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
dansmith, It conformed to the safety standards and most importantly, I think, it fitted - none of the others did, I tried the POC range, Red Range, Giro range, Salomons, in fact I think through most things on offer at the 2009 ski shows. Surely no matter how well made it is, or how pricey it is, when it comes to helmets if it don't fit it ain't worth buying?
ski holidays
Batman_123, I like t he adjustor at the back so will be looking for that
ski holidays
holidayloverxx, Giro Ember is a womens helmet and they offer it in a small 52 size and it has the adjustable dial at the back too. I have it and love it, great fit, light, comfy and warm. Just seen the new range and there are some nice colour options too.
snow report
Giro 10 bought today, along with Oakley A-Frame goggles. 4 sleeps Very Happy
snow conditions
Linds wrote:
holidayloverxx, Try the Giro 9 or 10 they do an extra small (I think)

I claim the finders fee Laughing
snow conditions
holidayloverxx wrote:
Giro 10 bought today, along with Oakley A-Frame goggles. 4 sleeps Very Happy

YAY !!
ski holidays
I hope this doesn't mean you're going to want to ski some crazy lines next week Smile
latest report
holidayloverxx, how am I going to recognize you on the slopes? Shocked
snow report
holidayloverxx, I shall be interested to hear how you get on with it - whether you do just keep it for the gnarly stuff or whether you start to enjoy wearing it and put it on regularly regardless of what you are skiing. Have fun on your trip.
snow report
Linds, LoL - We'll see how I get on.

Hurtle, I barely recognise myself!

Colin B, I'll plump for keeping upright!
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy