Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

All aboard.... Anyone in my boat?

Poster: A snowHead
Various friends of mine have decided to get married during the skiing season (3 in total). The assosiated stag do's, that all include trips to varying European cities of sleaze, mean I won't be able to afford a ski trip next season. Mad

I was just wandering if anyone else is destined to surf this site for the remainder of the closed season and into the next, whilst only wishing they could be a part of these upcoming trips to the mountains. I am gutted at this prospect Sad
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
ginger winger, Yes. Innsbruck seems popular.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Stag do's are getting moreand more expensive. It'stime we started to say - as I have recently - "I'd love to come but I can't afford it." Chap involved understood entirely and did ay he'd be having a night out down the pub as more than one person couldn;t afford the planned weekend in Prague
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
My hubby is meant to be going to one this weekend, has switched from Prague, to Manchester, and will prob be a night in the local by FRiday
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
This stag stuff is getting right out of hand, as is all the accompanying wedding expenditure. People are spending ridiculous amounts, enough for half a lifetime of ski holidays. This competitive expenditure on stag events is a very modern phenomenon - most people now seem to spend as much on their stag do's as we did on our weddings. In my young day we were capable of getting off our faces for not much money at all. But if people are daft enough to keep going, and spending more than they can afford, tough luck! nbt is right. Time to start saying "I can't afford it".
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Helen Beaumont, Prague just happens to be one of my upcoming trips!!

Quote:

nbt is right. Time to start saying "I can't afford it".

It isn't a case of not being able to afford the stag trips more a case of they leave the coffers bare for any skiing exploits!! (Also I forgot to say that I am also booked on a Rugby tour to the US in May of next year too!!). I am sure all these trips will be enjoyed on their own merit, however, it's just not the same as hammering down a mountain on skis is it? Very Happy
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
ginger winger wrote:
It isn't a case of not being able to afford the stag trips more a case of they leave the coffers bare for any skiing exploits!!

ame thing, for me. If I have to spend money on two things, but can't afford both, I have to decide which is more important. Skiing, for me, is *wwaaaaay* more important than travelling half way across europe to get lashed-up. The rugby tour I can understand as you;ll be playing matches and meeting people, but let's be honest, beer tastes the same and pubs don;t vary too much across Europe. Be honest with yourself, are you really going to actually visit Prague and enjoy the wonderful architecture etc, or are you going to hit the nearest bar, get hammered, and try to find a strip club where you won;t get ripped off by the local heavies?
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
nbt, "try to find a strip club" it's impossible to miss them in Prague.

I agree, Stag events are getting out of control last couple I went on were to Portugal and Cork with very little change out of £ 800.00 each all in. Sure they're great fun but I hope they start to scale down. Dublin is now no fun at the weekend as 80% of the visitors are stag and hen parties. The numbers in the groups are also too large, trouble is never far away unfortunately.

Hope you don't think I'm some sort of prudish old has been, far from it, but enough is enough. But until that time comes when I can resist, long live that famous old saying "what goes on tour stays on tour" wink
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I dont go in for all the travelling abroad for hen nights, especially when It takes up my holiday allowance. I dont want to waste my holiday time and money on getting lashed with people I dont really like.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Well I had a similar problem this year.
A friend got married in NZ in February and made sure I attended by asking me to be best man.
I have to admit I had a lovely time though...
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Ken Lingwood wrote:
nbt, "try to find a strip club" it's impossible to miss them in Prague.

Nver been myself, but I believe thar's the case. however, you missed an important bit...

I wrote:
a strip club where you won;t get ripped off by the local heavies
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
very true nbt,
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Can you not combine both? I organised a very cheap stag do in Chamonix and did manage some skiing Wink
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Quote:

a strip club where you won;t get ripped off by the local heavies

Try Goldfingers in Wenceslas Sq, Prague, I can thoroughly recommend it! Also been to Barcelona on a staggie:- the Bagdad (sic) Club is not for the squeamish!

ginger winger, as some have already said, if you can't afford to go on all three staggies AND skiing then don't! My best man and I both got married about 2 months apart, so we ended up with one do in Barca and one in Nottingham, becoz people couldn't afford two foreign trips. You may not be the only one who has to count the pennies, so if the stags won't compromise on location they may end up short of numbers.

Eastern europe could be a good spot for a combined skiing/stag break. From what I hear there is plenty of "entertainment" on offer in Borovets, Poiana Brasov, etc etc....
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
ginger winger, Yes I'm gutted too. Having booked for a week at Feb half term in Ellmau with my OH and my 2 kids, having paid the deposit and having planned to get my kids their first ski clothing, my OH finds that she is pregnant. Baby is due in November so she's insisted that the holiday is to be cancelled.

So near and yet so far!!!!
ski holidays
Peter B, Not wishing to make it even worse, but, I went to Soll 3 years ago (just round the valley) and the ski area is the best I have been to for beginners and intermediates. I guess we are both destined to a life of surfing and a little less skiing Sad

On the other hand... best of luck with the new addition to the family and congratulations snowHead
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy