Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

*** Snowboarding in Tignes ***

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I think I know how most people will answer this.... Well the skiers anyway.......... "all of them"!!!

I'm goin to tignes for 1st time in jan. I'm a beginner/intermediate boarder and was wondering which runs should be avoided due to flats and inclines and best runs for boarderS. Any info will be appreciated.

Thanks
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Not sure about avoiding them but a couple of flat spots I remember is the run out to the Aeroski lift at Tignes Le Lac, you can make it if you straightline it from high up the black run.
Also the blue run into Val d'Isere from the top of the L'Olympique lift (for people that dont want to do Face) has a very flat section through the town. I'm not a boarder but do remember it being a real ball ache polling back into Val.
Other than that I don't recall there being many really bad flat spots.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Overall, I'd say just go for it. I'm a skier but would say that, in general, the runs around Tignes don't have many flat bits at all Puzzled A couple of sections (not very major) that come to mind are:

- The blue run (Genepy) down to Val Claret from the Grande Motte glacier gets quite flat in a couple of places with uphill sections that can be schussed (on skis). Still worth doing though, it's a great cruising run - especially for beginners/early intermediates.
- The central bowl above Val Claret has a couple of flat bits around the Merles/Grand Huit/Aiguille Percee chairs - though, again not seriously problematic - and you have to go that way (on that side of the valley at least) for connections en route to Tignes Le Lac and Brevieres.

There's a few more gentle (green) runs above Val D'Isere but overall the Espace Killy doesn't have too many flat bits at all - in fact some of Val D'Isere's green runs are steep enough to get mogullled Shocked .

Here's the interactive piste map, in case you haven't seen it: http://www.tignes.net/en/ski-a-tignes/interactive-ski-run-map-28.html

Mrs MA & I are off to Tignes next Friday - though the forecast isn't looking too clever at this stage. Snow through the week but with the freezing level rising and possibly peeing down at just about all levels.... Sad
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
my personal favourite in the whole area is the red double m which runs off the grande motte glacier.

which part of tignes will you be staying in? there are so many good runs in all the areas, it's difficult to mention them all, but i'll give you some of the ones i cover all the time when i'm out there. i've just covered some of the tignes area. and it's by no means exhaustive (though you may be after reading this Laughing).

grande motte glacier:
the top of the red glacier can get a bit icy and windblown, but once you're lower down it's a lot of fun
be aware there is a long traverse on the rimaye run but it does head to the top of double m so i'm a bit biased
avoid: i'm not aware of how bad it is cos i've not done it myself but the blue genepy has many long flat sections

in the val claret area:
warm-up run: piste h or prariond (though prariond can get long and flat if you're tired, but it's empty cos people forget about it)
avoid: applies to both val claret and le lac areas the blue edelweiss if you don't like going fast from the top of the run and rollers - you'll end up doing a lot of walking uphill otherwise; go down blue creux instead. (i do like edelweiss though, and it's a shortcut to the val d'isere park)
avoid: the mogul field on the red le mur that is to the right from the top of the grattalu lift. it's just horrible, unless you like your teeth being jogged loose as you're riding around

in the le lac area:
warm up/end of day run: take the palafour lift and do the blue runs that head off to the left or straight ahead then follow it around to the left (though everyone calls it the palafour runs, they're called anemone and combe)
scare yourself silly run: the black trolles (but now i can do it, it's just a whole lot of fun)
avoid: the connection to the merles chair, a blue called lys - you need a lot of speed and/or a freshly waxed board cos it's long and flattish

les brev and les boisses
warm up run: from the blue rhododendron keep up your speed so you can get over the
avoid: (unless you're fast enough) start of the blue melezes run
avoid: the mogul field that is at the top of red bleuets

phew! hth wink
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks guys, really appreciate it. Were staying in val claret. There will be 5 of us 2 intermediates 2 beginners and 1 whose worse than a beginner lol NehNeh

Can't wait to get out there now. Hope this week brings some good White stuff for the peeps heading out
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Richk83, just got a message via facebook that "it's puking at the moment; val claret can't be seen from le lac, and there's 2" of fresh on the streets."

WOOHOO! am excited for all you lucky peeps (esp. the ones heading off at the end of the week Very Happy.)
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
That is awesome might see if I can get some time off work and head out in a couple of weeks
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
um, i'm not used to using imperial measurement symbols - i take it that is the correct symbol for "inches", not feet. otherwise, oops.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
If IRC there are some flattish bits on Petit Col too.

Otherwise I agree that the worst bit of the lot is the bottom of Santons into Val D'Isere. If I were a snowboarder I would avoid that like the proverbial.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy