Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

The Season Starter Program (An article by Your Ski Coach)

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Over the coming season I'll be posting a number of articles I've written, in hopes you'll find them interesting and helpful. This one represents the second installment.

In some parts of the ski world the snow has already begun to fall, and in a couple lucky places the lifts have already opened. The new ski season is knocking at our doors. With it, comes the familiar butterflies which attack our stomachs as we ride the lift, contemplating our first turns of the season, and whether we'll still be able to perform as well as we were the season before.

I wrote this article to help you quickly remove the summer rust from your skiing skills during your first day on the slopes, and cast those annoying doubts to the wind. It consists of a series of skill refreshing drills that will help you get back to the top of your game in no time.

Click on the link below to see the article. When you connect to the link, clicking on the small article window will take you to a full page, easy to read version. Feel free to copy this article and take it to the mountain with you, to use on your first day back on the snow. Enjoy!

http://www.yourskicoach.com/YourSkiCoach/Season_Starter_Program.html
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
FastMan, clicking on the article and I get adobe reader telling me the page is damaged and it won't open the full article Puzzled .
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
halfhand, opens fine in all my browsers - could be that you need to update your Reader, just a suggestion.

FastMan, an interesting read - there is a lot in there that I have been using on and off for years at the beginning of each season and also during the season when I feel I need to think about basics again. Nice read though and some new stuff to wok on as well.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
FastMan, cheers for that . Also read some of the other articles and have now bookmarked the site so that I can read more. snowHead
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hmm, 'tis fine now however, part one opened ok http://www.snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=68287 this morning but not this one. Anywhose, forgeddaboudit Toofy Grin
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
FastMan, Having got over the glitch of a non-opening pdf, a great article, many thanks Smile
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
FastMan, Thank you for that snowHead
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thanks, gang, for the feedback. Pleased to hear you found it interesting and useful. halfhand, glad you got the opening issue sorted.

Samerberg Sue, impressive to hear that some of the drills in the article have part of your personal season kick off ritual. Not many people have such a ritual, or even consider employing one, but doing so is extremely beneficial. And cool to hear that you go back to the drills intermittently during the season too. Later on, once we get into the season, I'll be posting an article that provides daily warmup routines, different routines for different levels of skiers.

bfg, glad you're enjoying the content on my website. Stay tuned, I'm adding new stuff on a regular basis. We're currently working on expanding the multi-media glossary, and tweaking its format. When done, I expect it to be a very valuable resource for skiers of every level. We also have a project coming up that will provide a content category that will be new to our site. That too, is going to be very useful to skiers. I'll tell you guys more about that next month.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
FastMan, Very helpful thanks. I totally inderstand the purpose, just have to train myself to not just go nuts on the first day and be disciplined about it.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Good progression of balance and control drills. There is another way though....don't let that summer rust build up in the first place Laughing . I think the longest I've been without putting my skis on for the last two years is about 10 days Wink - and even then I was only off skis for about 3 weeks with my wrist in a temporary cast (until they put a more substantial cast on it...and I could get back skiing again Laughing ).
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
FastMan, a very good set of pre season exercises to get you ready for skiing. i would also add that everyone should also have a few of those same drills as "dialling in" exercises each day when you get out on the slopes and to get your brain and body engaged before hooning around. but perhaps that is a on your agenda of useful tips wink
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
FastMan, nice drills... great way of reminding yourself where all the knobs and buttons are - but... to nitpick..

The dress of the demonstrator - woolly hat, goggles, race suit with fat gray blouson jacket over it - is just... retro beyond belief... If this really is to be part of something which sells your products I think it would be helpful if it didn't look like the warm-up exercises for the Teamsters (Chicago Local 342) race team.

Or is that the image you are going for?

Sorry.

*ducks to avoid incoming*
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
stoatsbrother, you might like to have a look at this: the post of Tue 02 Nov at 00:52
http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=68287&start=80#1624420
wink
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy