Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Michelin Easygrip Composite Snow Chains

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Anyone know anything about these? Seen them advertised on ebay and amazon, but can't see anything on michelin.co.uk about them....

Blurb from amazon

Get To Grips With Snow and Ice. These new Michelin Easy Grip Composite Snow Chains offer optimal driveability on snow and ice, while remaining lightweight for easier handling and fitting. The composite chain material also ensures these snow chains won't generate excessive noise or vibration during use. Designed to be kinder to the road surface as well as your vehicle these composite chains are also fully approved for use across Europe and in European Ski Resorts. Easy to fit, Made from Kevlar - not metal, Exclusive structure, interlaced with steel chips, guarantees an optimal performance. Fully road legal in the UK and across Europe. Will not 'chew' your tyres. Equipped with Night Vision System - increased lateral car visibility in the dark. Available in packs of 2. Suitable for vehicles with wheel diameter of 15 inches, tyre size of 195/65, 195/70 or 205/60.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
kitenski, I've seen them somewhere while I've been lokoing, can't remeber where though offhand. Have you seen this?

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=67858#1613545
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
They are expensive and Amazon don't know when they will be in stock. Roofrackshop.co.uk have them at £69.99. Claims to be a "new generation". Given how little I am likely to use them I don't think I'll upgrade my conventional ones, but if I was buying new I might look at them.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
welshskier, I was thinking they were cheap compared to normal chains, all prices I've seen for my XC90 have been over £100 with prices over £200 for self tensioning ones....
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
nbt, cheers, not read that thread it points to some German 2008 tests, which do point to this Michelin page..

http://www.easygrip.fr/cms.php?id_cms=8

The first approved composite snow chain.

In 2009, Easy Grip is officially approved as a snow chain : “anti-skid device which guarantees starting, road handling and braking of the vehicle” according to the Ministry of Transport order, dated 18 July 1985. .

The Easy Grip® anti-skid device has been approved by :

The UTAC laboratory : tests according to French Standard XP R-12-781
The TÜV Rheinland laboratory : tests according to TÜV Rheinland 2 PFG 858
The TÜV Austria laboratory : tests according to the Austrian standard Ö NORM V 5121

Easy Grip® has passed all the most severe dynamic tests with flying colours : starting, road handling, durability, cornering, braking and emergency braking.

The reason for my interest is the cost and also I need something with little clearance inside the wheel (apparently)
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I don't know about an XC90, but I got mine in Switzerland for about £20. Amazon have some at £32.99
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
kitenski,

You should be able to get a pair for your XC90 for about £70. Something like

http://www.roofbox.co.uk/scripts/rbvehsel4.php?emulate=snowchains&query=6163&vptype=&brand=Maggi&prodid=21169&Tyre=235/65-17
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
kitenski,

They might meet regulations but they aren't rated highly in the tests, even the autosock gets better marks Shocked

http://www.testberichte.de/a/schneeanfahrhilfe/magazin/promobil-2-2010/195251.html
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy