Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

50% off Pirelli winter tyres - but it's a gamble...

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
A promo that might be of interest, note I have no idea whether these tyres are any good, but they're Pirelli, and there's a chance you'll get a couple of hundred quid back if the weather is warm - a nice hedge against crap skiing weather Smile

http://www.pirelli.co.uk/web/car-suv-van/prom-iniz/terms-conditions.page
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
bug!, bought mine last year.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Interesting. I wonder what the chance are of a British winter fulfilling their conditions? Maybe one of our weather geeks could tell us?

More important, I wonder if the tyres are any good? Maybe one of our tyre geeks could tell us?
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
If you look at the Met Office you can look at previous winter's stats, doesn't look to me as if they are taking too many risks on this.
http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/climate/uk/
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Quote:

If the average UK daily temperature between 1st January 2011 and 28th February 2011 (inclusive) is seven degrees celcius or higher for more than 30 days (not consecutive), Pirelli will refund 50% of the purchase price of your tyres. The purchase price excludes fitting and any other associated costs.

Surely that would mean no Scottish skiing at all for two months, so a pretty safe bet on Pirelli's part Sad
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Had Pirelli Scorpions, which are all weather, as opposed to full winters, on my Discovery and they were great! That said I'm glad I never had to replace one as they are expensive!

I know a bit about weather, but not enough to be an expert. AFAIK the average CET (which I think is just England) is around 4.2 degrees for Jan & Feb. Including Scotland, as the promo seems to do, will probably only reduce that?

If i'm reading it correctly, for Pirelli to pay out, more than 30 days in Jan & Feb have to be something approaching 75% warmer than average?

I reckon you'd be better just sourcing the cheapest good tyres rather than buy some of the most expensive and hope to get your money back?

That and the possibility that trying to make/save money by 'gambling' on an extremely mild winter is just bad Karma Shocked
ski holidays
 brian
brian
The average last year for the 3 months Dec-Feb was 1.5C I think. More typical is round about 3-4C so it would have to be significantly more exceptionally mild than last year was exceptionally cold.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Last year probably isn't a great example - it was exceptionally cold and plenty of snow in Dec and Jan.

I was thinking it would just make a nice trade if it was too warm and the snow was not as good, at least you've got some money from Pirelli.

That said, it is a gamble, and the odds aren't brilliant. Remember though that it's not the average temperature for Jan and Feb, it is the average temperature each day, and if there's more than 30 warm days between those dates, they pay out.

Now if it was 4 degrees, it would be worth a punt. But remember kids, gamble responsibly (as if such a thing exists!)
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
a) Pirelli don't do my size.
b) just had 4 Continentals fitted this morning
c) it's going to snow tomorrow,isn't it Toofy Grin
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
pam w wrote:
More important, I wonder if the tyres are any good? Maybe one of our tyre geeks could tell us?

ADAC only tested a few Pirellis and they seem to be middle of the range:
http://www.adac.de/infotestrat/tests/reifen/default.aspx

One wonders if they have studs that automatically come out when it gets cold Wink
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy